Thread: Is adding 2 fans on the cpu case is enough for Core i5 pc

Is adding 2 fans on the cpu case is enough for Core i5 pc

Is it enough to add 2 case fan on a Core i5 system. This is a new build which is going to be used for gaming and for overclocking. The motherboard is by gigabyte and it has a auto tuning utility. Through which we can easily auto overclock at a standard rate. So before fixing up anything I want to know that having two big size fan on the side is enough. There is already one at the backside. Will be enough to keep the cpu cool.

Re: Is adding 2 fans on the cpu case is enough for Core i5 pc

If you are going for overclocking then I do not really think 2 fans will be enough. You have to go for more. Instead of adding them on the side place it on the top side. Make some hole through drill and add the fan. That will be enough. The system will work well. You have to ensure that there must be enough ventilation. Because if the air flow is blocked or if it is not proper then you will face issue with heating. In overclocking the system heats up really fast.

It is good if you can spend a bit more amount on the cpu fan. Do not really on the stock fan by Core i5. There are some good one in the market. Just buy a bigger one that has copper pipes. You might have to pay around Rs.2000 for the same. And if you do not add extra fans that it is not going to do much change. Big size cpu fans are better compare to the stock one. They offer you higher rpm and cool down the cpu fast while gaming.

If you are serious about overclocking then it is best to go with liquid cooler. Do not go with regular air fans. They are not enough. And if you are going to use the pc mostly for gaming then going with any fan is quit enough. But for overclocking you need a good cooling solution. Like buying a portable liquid cooler which are easily available on the market. They are cheap and effective. It will also increase the life your cpu. There is no need to buy additional fans then.

For overclocking cooling matters a lot. It is right that if you are having a liquid cooler then you can have more stable output. The pc is going to work fine and it will not lag or freeze. While air coolers limit the usage. There are chances that your system will crash after a few hours of overclocking. I am using Antec liquid cooler. It is Kulher and it is really nice. It keeps the cpu temperature under 40degree even when I playing games for hours. The pc does not lag or freeze.

Adding a liquid cooler will increase the cost of your system. But spending one time is recommended. Because here you are not buying new stuff again and again. And if you are going for air cooler then there are more benefits. First you have to pay less. But a good fan can cost you a good money. Like Deepcool GAMMAXX400. This is one of them which is big and amazing and it has great cooling output. It works well with average overclocking also.