Thread: How to use a motion controller on a pc

How to use a motion controller on a pc

There are few gaming console like Wii or Kinect that comes with motion control settings. I want a bit help here to through which I can configure motion controller on my pc. I want to play games on that. I had seen a few kit online that promise to add motion controller on the pc but I am not really sure how this is going to work. Gaming consoles are bit amazing when it comes to motion control, but what about pc. Do we have appropriate hardware for the same.

Re: How to use a motion controller on a pc

I do not think so. Most of them option controlling things are limited to consoles. You can go with PS Move if you are looking for great gesture based control. But for pc we have to wait back. Because you need a good kit that simply identify your motions and provide you smooth activity. Without that it is very complicated to work on the same. I do not really trust on motion controlling thing when it comes to pc because it is not so effective.

You can find some motion controllers online and they work for limited games only. To use them you have to use a software or application which supports motion controlling. There are few professional kits that works really well but they are costly and you have to install compatible games in your system. For example just have a look on Razer Hydra Portal 2 Bundle. This bundle can make your regular boring pc to a good motion controller.

Razer Hydra Portal 2 Bundle is more like a wireless joystick. I am not really sure how it can work on system which are not having any motion based game settings. The controller has a simple motion identifier that sit on your pc and there is a wireless joystick kind of thing which has different buttons on the same. It might be easy to use but for fps gaming it can be complicated. You must checkout a video of the same if you are going to buy.

Motion controller will be soon coming for pc. There are some companies whoa re working on the same. For example ASUS WAVI Xtion. This one is a amazing motion controller that is designs to give you ultimate gaming performance. It offer you a 3D support and good control through your gesture. It can identify your fingers or hand motion and on that basis you can play your games. But it is right that this kind of controllers will not work on all type of games.