Thread: Does all cpu fan are same or there are different types in it

Does all cpu fan are same or there are different types in it

I had seen the stock fan and other cpu coolers. Most of them are exactly the same. I want to know what is there any different types available in it. I am not asking about liquid coolers here. I want to find different type of cpu fans based on air pressure. I had seen people using the regular fans for overclocking for gaming and they work really fine compared to costly liquid cooler setup. I mostly need a good fan for gaming.

Re: Does all cpu fan are same or there are different types in it

Compared to liquid cooling, Air cooling have more budget choices. There are not really different types in that. Most of them are loaded with standard feature. But what you can see is different design. Like some fans have vertical while some has horizontal placement. Bigger fan means more faster cooling. And some cpu cooler have dual fan support.

There are some high air flow cpu coolers. This are more better compared to regular stock cooler. High Airflow means bigger fan blades, more ventilation and a more reliable heat-sink. Most of this have copper pipes in them due to which they gives you fast cooling at any cost. It is right that compared to a single fan if you hook two then cooling is far better. Always go for a big size fan cooler. More number better cooling.

Usually there are some two kinds of fan. First one is Intake and the other one is Exhaust fans. The intake fan will take air inside in the system and exhaust are bit bigger which push the air outside. The fan that you see on cpu case are all Exhaust fans. When you are buying a cooler for a processor, it is necessary that it must have a relatively large heat-sink supported by two Exhaust fans. This makes the airflow more better.

Today you can see there are nice portable liquid coolers in the market. You can buy any one of them which gives you a effective cooling solution. It is also quiet easy to configure. With few set of screws you can hook the liquid cooler and your system temperature will be far more lower compared to a regular cpu fan. For effective solution there is nothing better than a liquid cooler. Just buy any portable model and test yourself.

I agree with that. I was looking for a good cooling solution. Before I was using the stock fan. But it does not cool the processor while overclocking. I purchased Antec Kuhler 920. The system temperature on stock fan was around 70degree while the same on Antec Kuhler 920 was 35degree. There is a very huge difference and it also gives a very efficient cooling output. There is nothing better than a liquid cooler.

Air cooler are good for those who cannot afford liquid cooling solution. If you really need something great then you can try Deepcool Ice Matrix 400. It is one of the best air cooler. You can add simply two fans on that and you will get a great cooling output. It comes with single fan only. You can apply another one on the heat-sink if you want. And it will offer you a more appropriate and powerful cooling. I think there is nothing better than this.

For better cooler you have to pay more. You can't get quality at cheaper price. I had seen people mostly stick with stock fan for their entire life. Because it gives optimum output. But on the same hand it also heats-up our processor.This reduce the cpu life. So when you are buying at that time only you must go for a better cpu cooler. There are some great models in them market which comes under Rs.1500 and work effectively.