Thread: CPU fan keeps on restarting and there is no display

CPU fan keeps on restarting and there is no display

I am having a big weird problem with my system. The system is not working fine. It was good before. I opened up the case and cleaned it. I disconnected all the hardware. The fan and hard drive. I had applied new thermal paste on the same and then turned it on. But it is not working. When I turn the system on the fan starts and then it turn off. Then after a few second it starts again. This keeps on happening. It looks the system is stucked in some continuous restart loop.

Re: CPU fan keeps on restarting and there is no display

I think you must check the connection inside. That will be causing the issue. You must see all connectivity ports first. Check the cpu power cable also. That would be placed wrong and then check back. Most of time it is a psu problem. You must check the power cables properly and then try back. It is a connectivity problem only. Change all the cables and check back. This will surely resolve the problem.

I had faced this issue due to ram. I had also cleaned the system. But the ram was not properly fitted. The system just keeps on restarting on its own. I had fixed the problem just by removing and adding the ram back again. It started working and there was no issue at all. You will also have to do the same thing. Remove the ram and apply it on different slots. That will be enough to fix the issue.

Check the cpu also if nothing works. See that the processor is properly fitted. Misplacement can also cause problem. Check the cpu fan and other stuff. Remove other hardware for the time being. Just connect the cpu fan and ram and see whether you are able to enter bios or not. If the bios screen appear then connect the hard drive and other stuff. Check the front header connection also. That is also important. Wrong ping setup can be the cause of problem.