Thread: Is there any software to diagnose cpu case fan failure

Is there any software to diagnose cpu case fan failure

There are four cpu fans connected on my case. Among which two 120mm fans are placed on the top and front side. And there are two more additional fan. One is placed on the back and other one on the side. I want some tool through which I can monitor the cpu fan speed as well, a option to find which is working fine and which is not. Some type of diagnostic utility. Like we have for a hard drive. I am looking for something that can be helpful to me to find out the fan's health status. I regularly overclock my pc and fan failure can generate serious hardware problem.

Re: Is there any software to diagnose cpu case fan failure

Well I do not think there is any kind of utility available which can alert you about fan failure. You can do that directly from the bios. Many motherboard comes with this feature. You can simply find information about fan speed and also enable fan alert when it fails or when it stops working. Just gone inside your bios and check.

I know a tool that can give you real time information about the speed of cpu fan. You can download and install Speedfan. It is a fan monitoring software. Through this you can simply monitor the voltage and fan speed. It also give you temperature reading of different hardware. It is one of the best tool to get real-time information of current fan speed and temperature details.

You can get a application through which you can control fan speed, but you are looking for something that can generate alert. I think you can find a tool that alert you for cpu temperature. But I am not really sure about anything for the case fan. They are just connected to the psu. It is hard to find details about their speed or failure.