Thread: Budget fan with heat pipe for a overclocking system

Budget fan with heat pipe for a overclocking system

I have a mid range system. I am using a amd processor. I want to overclock this. But I think my existing fan is not good enough to keep my system cooler. I had tried it through a third party software. When I increased the clock rate the system crashed up instantly. I had installed a temperature monitoring utility which showed that at the time of overclocking the system is just getting hotter. I want recommendation for fan that comes with heat pipe. This would be more reliable.

Re: Budget fan with heat pipe for a overclocking system

The best thing you can do is simply go ahead with liquid cooling. Liquid cooler are now available at budget price. You can find ample of ready to use liquid cooler kit on the web. You can use them for overclocking.

Cpu coolers with heat-pipe are bit different compared to the regular one. They are bit more reliable in keeping heat out of your system. In a regular cpu fan you get plain air cooling and it is not recommended for overclocking. While in other one the cpu comes with heat-pipe which is connected to the bottom heat-sink. Hot air constantly flows in it and the fan draws out the heat. They are reliable but still not for overclocking. Liquid coolers are the best in the market. Still if you want to buy budget cpu fan then you can try Deepcool Gammaxx 200. This one comes for Rs.1200. It is nice big size cpu fan with heat-pipes. This one is the cheapest one on the market. If you are ready to spend more then you can test Deepcool Ice Warrior Cooler. This is bit more advance and better.

You have to pay around Rs.3000 for a good cooler. And by adding a bit more you can simply get a good liquid cooler. Like Corsair CW-9060010-WW Cooler. This one comes for Rs.4500.