Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-11-2013

Corsair Force GT120 SSD write speed problem

I am using this Corsair Force GT120 SSD from last 6 months and till yesterday everything was working fine. But when I turned on my computer today in the morning then everything seems to be in opening very slowly. After doing some benchmarking with ATTO software then I saw very poor write speed although read speed was good. Can anyone tell me if the SSD is falling apart or what? Thanks
Old 30-11-2013

Re: Corsair Force GT120 SSD write speed problem

Are you having a third party RAM cache application running on your computer. If your Read speed is high then you might be benching a bad software laying in the RAM and not the drive. Can you tell us anything about the Sata mode in your BIOS settings? Try to send TRIM command with the help of Corsair SSD Toolbox that you can download from their website. Also try to update the firmware of your SSD if it is not updated till yet.
Old 02-12-2013

Can you ensure whether the motherboard Sata controller driver is installed fine? If it is not properly installed then you might get into such issues. If there is some firmware issues then you can download the latest firmware and install it to correct the bugs that you are getting. But be sure to backup any data which might get lost at the time of update.
Old 03-12-2013

The problem definitely seems to be driver related. So try to do a fresh installation of the Operating System and after that install the latest drivers for the Sata controllers and all other devices. Also benchmarking software should not be counted in realistic since all the measurement are not advertised in the real life. The slowing of the things mostly happens due to pagefile on hard drive or drive suspend and such.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , , ,