Thread: Heatsink making a very loud noise while playing games

Heatsink making a very loud noise while playing games

In my system when I start any games a few minutes later I can hear a very loud noise of the cpu fan. It spins too fast and the entire cpu case vibrates. But when I turn the game off the noise is gone. What can be the issue here. I never experienced this issue before. Does the fan is damage or there is some issue with the processor. What should I do to turn off that noise. I had checked the case there is no dust inside. So there is no chance of having something stuck in the fan.

Re: Heatsink making a very loud noise while playing games

It is done by the bios. If the processor heatsup it increase the cpu fan speed to keep it cooler. And in your case at the time of playing games your cpu is getting very hot. Try to check that through a cpu temperature monitoring application.

This shows that the cpu is heating fast. Due to which the fan speed is increased to draw it out. Most of the time this issue is also associated with damage or improper heat-sink. I will recommend you to get a this one especially when you are using your system for gaming purpose. Because if in this way the cpu keeps on heating its performance will be degraded. I can recommend you some cooler models that can offer you good output and also is in budget. We will start from a cheap model to a high end one. Cooler Master Hyper 101 Cooler is one of the best in terms of budget. It cost around Rs.900. The cooler is awesome for all system. It has a nice vertical layout where it keeps your cpu more cooler. In a regular cpu fan the air is drawn toward upside which is sometime blocked, but in this one the air move sideways that offer faster cooling. The other one which I like the most is Deepcool Ice Blade Pro that comes for Rs.2800. This is a big size fan that is large enough to give you great output.

You have to change the fan. There are some budget cpu coolers available that are noiseless. You will not face any issue in using them. I also change the same one. I was using stock fan, which make really huge noise when I play games.

This is a common issue. My pc make the same sound when I start watching movies. The entire case vibrates loudly. There can be certain things which you have to see. First you will have to see the hard drive. The fan is not the only cause of noise. Sometime the hard drive spin really fast when your system is doing some kind of heavy operation. At that point turning off the pc for few minutes is a good choice. Second thing you have to see that the motherboard is not very tightly fitted on the cpu case. You can add a bit of cushion on the backside through a cardboard. I always do that. I do directly attach the board on the case. Here if the fan vibrates you can feel the same on your desk also. Keep the hard drive and optical drive a bit loose. Do not tight them on the case. This will reduce the vibration. Using a good quality cpu fan is always recommended to increase the life of system.

Try to open the case and see the cpu fan. Just check if something is stuck on that. Sometime the cables which are hanging inside the case cause the issue. They come in contact with fan and produce a big noise. You have to tie them together.

There are few things which you can do to fix the existing cpu fan. For that open your system case and then clean the fan. Then remove your psu and clean it also. Sometime the noise come from the power supply. There is a fan at the bottom which collect dust or some particles that make sound. You can clean the same to fix the issue. If the psu is proper then you can go ahead with changing the cpu fan. It is a bit annoying when such a loud noise appear at the time of gaming. I had bought TAG CPU Fan 200 Cooler. It is a cheap fan but decent to keep the system cooler. It is not really meant for extreme usage. You are getting the issue at the time of playing games that simply means your processor is heating up. So you have to by a more bigger one. Once budget fan is Deepcool Gammaxx 200 which comes for Rs.950. It is less costly bug amazing to give you a good amount of cooling output. It is easy to fit also.

If you go on web you can find noiseless fan. Buy them. They are different compared to what we are using in our system. The stock fans start making noise after few months of usage. While noiseless fan are more better and works for longer time.