Thread: Does SSD matters in a 4th generation Intel Core i5 laptop

Does SSD matters in a 4th generation Intel Core i5 laptop

For a high end ultrabook is it necessary to add a SSD. I had seen a nice offer at a nearby shop. They are offering a SSD upgrade at budget price. But does that really matters. The ultrabook already has Intel Core i3 4th generation processor with 4GB ram and 500GB hard drive. This looks more than enough for the performance. And not adding SSD on the same will not make any major changes.

Re: Does SSD matters in a 4th generation Intel Core i5 laptop

Well if it is provided them it is really amazing. Because it will boost your system hardware. Many laptops offer you options for SSD upgrade at a reasonable price. If you are getting it under your budget then buy it.

For a good system SSDs is important. There are many reasons for that. SSDs are fast and durable. In a regular hard drive you have chances of crash. The drive can stop working completely. While in SSDs you can keep your data for long time. They do not have any movable part in them. So there is no crash issue. They are also long lasting. It can boot your system instantly offering you fast output. It increase the system output when you are using resource intensive applications for photo and video editing. Like Adobe Premiere Pro or Photoshop. If you are getting a SSD upgrade at reasonable price then it is quiet recommended to have it. If it is costly then you can avoid. The performance of a regular hard drive is limited to the rpm. While SSDs are much more faster and better. You can enjoy a great data transfer speed with good output. Adding SSD on the boot part will give you amazing performance.

I do not think it is so important. If you are getting in with the laptop then buy it or you can avoid it. It necessary that you must upgrade only if needed. SSD can boost the system output up to 10 to 20% more. That's all. But they are reliable.

New generation SSDs are more powerful. You can expect upto 500MB/s of transfer rate on the same. The access time ios 0.1 ms which is quiet more than enough. So here you are getting a really advance hardware to transfer data and boost the system output. Some SSDs come loaded with a cache software. This cache software keeps a record of your widely used application and when you double click them they lauch really fast. SSD's can be ideal for boosting the system speed to high level making it a reliable system. REgular hard drive works on a moving parts. Due to which you have to carry them safely with you. They cannot tolerate shock. Compare to them SSD are better They are reliable and work well on internal chips. The speed of regular hard drive depend on the internal spindle. The motor. The faster it is the better it will be. But if you go with SSD they don't rely on any moving parts. They are build in high speed flash chips.

I have a SSD set as my boot time. I am having a 2TB hard drive in my system. When I load my os on the regular one it slow down the system. But when I move the same to the SSD it worked really well. There is no performance issue. It is fast and amazing. I am really happy with the output.

There is one more budget solution avialable. It is called as SSHD. They are hybrid choices. You can buy a hybrid hard drive where you can get benefit from both. You can use it like the regular hard drive or you can use it like a SSD. It has a dedicated part of flash memory which takes records all the application that you are using frequently. And the other part is used for storing data. So when you click on any application that you are using continuously it loads faster. The same is applicable tot he operating system also. It is fast and amazing. And it remains in budget. Below is a link of SSHD drive which is durable and affordable. It is fast and reliable. Today going for a hybrid is one of the best solution due to low cost.

It is right that SSHD are really affordable. Today you can buy a Seagate 1 TB LAPTOP SATA hard drive for Rs.9,600. You are getting high storage space with good performance. It gives you a 5400RPM drive which is good for data transfer.