Thread: WD My Passport drive backup fails with Smartware

WD My Passport drive backup fails with Smartware

I am using a WD My Passport drive of 1TB and after when I updated the Smartware software and try to backup files from the drive then the backup file just gets stuck at copying files. There will be nothing copied and I have to end task to stop this backup process? Is there anything that can be done to solve this problem?

Re: WD My Passport drive backup fails with Smartware

You will have to make your computer to go into standby mode if you want the Smartware software to automatically backup the files that you want or else you will need to set a scheduled backup time. If this doesnt work then try to install the older Smartware 1.6 version and check if this works fine for backup files from your WD My Passport drive.

Thanks for the reply. I tried what you suggested and it didnt work. If I set a scheduled backup time and also if I click the back up now button, nothing works for me. It will simply tell me that the backup is done but in reality nothing is backed up in my computer. I havent tried downgrading the Smartware from 2.0.1 version to 1.6 version but will let you know once I do this.

PS: Where can I download the old version of Smartware?

There are many people who are facing problems with the latest version of Smartware and still the company has not done anything about it. Anyways,I was able to find the Western Digital SmartWare 1.5.1.6 version that you can download from this link. I dont know whether this is the 1.6 version of the software or something else, but in any case you can give it a try.