Thread: Reliable heatsink for old pc

Reliable heatsink for old pc

I need a good heatsink for a old pc. The stock one is not working and has a problem with cooling the processor. It is getting heatup really fast. The pc is used as media server. It has a 1TB drive which has all the videos and movies. The current cooler is not working fine due to which the pc heats up really fast. And the pc shutdown in between when we are watching movies. I had checked the temperature in bios which crosses 70degree.

Re: Reliable heatsink for old pc

You can buy any regular stock cooler. It will allow you to have simple cooling solution.And the cost might be around Rs.500. For a old pc it is not worth enough to buy a costly cooler. If you go online you can find tons of simple models.

I had seen a good cooler at a budget price. The model of the same is Deepcool Gamma Archer. This is a good budget cooler which is available for Rs.500. It offer you a unique design of drawing out the heat. It has a big fan on the top side and it looks better. While if you need a better then you can go for Cooler Master Vortex. This is a bit costly but much better compare to a regular stock fan. It has a nice fan and the heat-sink at the lower side is more reliable in drawing out hot air. I found the cooler better in terms of design and usage. You will have to pay around Rs.900 for the same. Deepcool looks much better to me. For cooler you just have to ensure that your system must have enough ventilation. If the air inside is blocked then you might not get proper cooling output. You must clean the internal stuff and also manage the cables properly. Do not let them hanging. Buy a good quality thermal paste from the market and apply it on the cpu and then add the cooler. That will help to draw out heat more instantly.

I think the regular stock rom that comes around Rs.300 is quiet enough for cooling purpose. There is no need to spend more money on that. If the fan is working it will draw out the heat. But if the fan fails to work or if it is slower then you will get this kind of heating problem.