Thread: Logitech c270 webcam working weird, Windows 8.1

Logitech c270 webcam working weird, Windows 8.1

I am using a windows 8 desktop since past 1 year. Just a week ago i upgraded it to windows 8.1 successfully. Everything is working good except my Webcam. It is as Logitech c270 which i use with Skype regularly. Now the problem i am facing is, the webcam started working weird since i updated to windows 8.1. No matter i use skype or the logitech webcam software, it displays black and green pictures. I check all camera settings under logitech software but the problem remains. Hope anyone of you can help me out with this ?

Re: Logitech c270 webcam working weird, Windows 8.1

The very first thing you need to do after upgrading to windows 8.1 is to re-install all your hardware drivers again because it removes all drivers and third party applications from the system, just like we seen in XP computers. This could be the only reason why your webcam has stopped working.

So just go ahead and download the most recent version of driver from Logitech's download center and install. Hopefully problem will be fixed.

I really appreciate your help AlexisSoft, but let me tell you that when the problem came in notice, that was the very first thing i did. I downloaded the latest driver as well as Logitech WebCam software from official sources and installed them successfully. But the result is still the same.

Any other help please?

I think I can help you with this, as I have been through this problem earlier. Though the camera model was different but the problem was same. Just like you even I re-installed drivers, webcam software, etc but nothing worked. Finally while exploring the Device Manager, I found that the video card driver was disabled. I just download the new driver, installed, restarted the PC and checked the Camera. Guess what. It was not working great. So hope you got to know what you have to do.

Yeah, you were correct Triple JJJ. The problem was with the Graphics Driver itself. Your solution worked fine. Now there is no more greed and black lines with my camera, working great. Thanks you very much.