Thread: Wide format printer for printing big size banner

Wide format printer for printing big size banner

Wide format printer are not easily available. I had tried to find out a series of model but not able to locate anything. I had tried looking at many places. While a nearby shop who is selling one canon brand is asking too much price. I need a printer to print banners. The banners are not very large. But they have a size bigger than what we got on the regular A4 size paper. Can anyone provide me a good model suggestion for the same.

Re: Wide format printer for printing big size banner

To get a decent model you must checkout the designjet series by HP. Almost all designjet printers are capable of giving you large format print solution. You can print big banners through them. I think you can get a budget model in that place.

Large format printer are very costly. They are ideal for industrial usage. If you need a industrial level solution then going for Xerox is a good choice. Because here you have some high end printer models that works really fine. I will not say that you are going to get a budget model. Xerox has a few models under wide format series. Through which you can print out big size banner easily. Now depending on your need you must choose the right product. But if you want to go with an affordable range then checking out designjet models under HP is more better. Because here you have a few models and price change also. The latest one is HP Designjet Z5400. This printer is amazing in terms of its image output. It offers you 44inch print size. Now there are lower model also available. You can check out for a 24inch and 36inch printer also. Which offer a reasonable size. So first you have to determine what is the maximum size you are going to need for printing stuff. And then you can go and buy a one which is fit your usage.

If you are looking something for office usage then Canon Pixma iX7000 is a good choice. It provide you a reasonable size. The maximum print size you can get on this is 11 x 17 inches. That is enough for making small banners.

I will also recommend you go with HP. Because the Designjet series here offers you a good set of reasonable models. You also have choices here. While in other brand you have to stick with few things. HP Designjet T120 is a portable 24inch printer that comes with eprint support. The cost of this printer lies around Rs.92,000. This is just the cost of a 24inch printer. The higher one you go for the more costly it will be. This printers are ideal for industrial usage where printing banner is a day to day job. So if you want something personal then do not go for this. But if you need this for business then choosing the right model depends on you. 44inch is the largest size which are for big size banners and cost more than Rs.1lakh. Just go on the official site of HP and look for the set of printer models you have. Choose the one which you think is good enough and buy it.