Thread: Looking for best value fast 2TB hard drive

Looking for best value fast 2TB hard drive

I have a 500Gb hard drive in my system. I am willing to add more internal space in my system. I think 2TB will be more than enough. I need to extend the storage due to gaming and movies file. But I am unable to decide which is better here. I had searched for various model but unable to decide which is good here. I need a performance drive. I do not want a slow one here.

Re: Looking for best value fast 2TB hard drive

There are few set of models available under 2Tb. And if you really need a performance hard drive then it is better to find something which has high rpm. Low rpm hard drive will not work so great and will give you hard time for data copy.

Performance drives comes under NAS. If you look for NAS storage solution then only you can find something really better. Now most of the high end drives comes with 5900rpm. This is the standard rpm. Above that will be more costly. The model which I will recommend you is Seagate Pipeline 2 TB . It comes for Rs.6100. This drive provide you smooth performance and will also give you great output. I am not really sure about the output here. This drive is simple and termed as performance drive. I think buying any drive will do the job. Because here you just want to store the data. You do not want to go for constant backup. This are usually required in offices where you run a regular data backup.In that case moving a large size file requires performance hard drive. I a giving you the most budget model here. There are more costly drives available but investing on them is not worth enough.

WD has some great drive model. They sell some serious in Black, Green, Red and Blue. Among which drives which comes under Blue series are counted as performance hard drive. I thing going for that is more better here.

There are few models which I found on web. I am only listing the models which are currently available and are capable of giving you high end performance. The first one that I think is good enough is Seagate Barrcuda SV-35. This is a 2TB drive that comes for Rs.7100. I think it is a affordable solution for anyone. But if you are willing to spend more and want a more better drive then you can go for WD B lack 2TB. This drive comes for Rs.10,000.Black series by WD reflects high end hard drive which are capable of great performance and great output. It is also low on power consumption. The drive under Black series are only meant for performance. They are no regular drives. And buying them in worth choice. While other drive are more costlier here. Another drive by Seagate is Constellation series which comes for Rs.15,000.This drive offer you Sata 6gbps interface. Transfer speed on this is much more higher with 64mb cache. It is a 7200rpm hard drive which is more faster than others.