Thread: Epson Stylus Photo R220 problem with Windows 7

Epson Stylus Photo R220 problem with Windows 7

I am running Windows 7 and I have been also using the Epson Stylus Photo R220 printer comfortably on my system. Today when I started my pc this printer seems to have disappeared and I am getting only a generic Usb printer selection which is showing me that it is my Epson R220? When I try to print to it then nothing happens. If I try to add this printer then I get an error message that says "Can't Add Printer. The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine." Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Epson Stylus Photo R220 problem with Windows 7

Can you try to clear the printer spooler files and then restart the service again. To do so, click on Start button and then type Services in the Search box. After that double click on Printer Spooler in the Services List that is presented on your screen. Then click to stop and the click ok. After that click Start and then in the Search box type this - %WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers and delete all the files in this folder. Now again open Services and then double click on Printer Spooler in the Services List to start it. Check now if the printer is working fine again.

I have tried the above method and deleted all the files that were told from the folder and restarted the spooler services again but I still get the error message "Can't Add Printer. The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine." What other solution is there to solve this problem.

The main concern is that clearing the files from this folder %WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers only works temporarily. But the actual culprit is Internet Explorer 9, printing some of its pages causes this kind of problems and after that you can use Firefox instead of Internet Explorer browser. So after clearing the files from the folder just restart the print spooler service and use firefox browser then.