Thread: Printer with simple web printing options

Printer with simple web printing options

Which printer is good for web based printer. We are planning to buy a new printer which will be connected to the lan network. I am thinking of hooking it directly on the switch. Now this will be a centralized printer which will be shared on lan, but also I want some really powerful web printing options. This will increase the accessibility and anyone can get printout from it.

Re: Printer with simple web printing options

There are many available. I think you must go with HP. They provide you a eprint service through which you can print from anywhere. It works really fine and has no issue with usage. It works best with android phone.

I know one model that has some useful web based options. It is HP Officejet Pro 3620. This printer is in my office. It is quiet awesome and provides cool features. Now you just have to hook the printer on lan network. It is best to assign it a static ip so that you can access it web access panel whenever you want. This printer provide you a web panel from which you can manage its settings, configure auto on/off and even scan. While for web based printing you can use eprint. When you press that you will get a email id on which you have to send emails. ePrint also comes for android devices. You can print multiple things on that. When you send a email on that it will print your attachment also. I think is most easy to use. Because here you get everything. Through web based you can access the printer from anywhere you want. There are number of third party services available which allow you more option for web based printer.

It is not really important to buy a all in one printer just for web based feature. You can even convert your existing printer to a web printer through third party software. All you have to do is assign a ip address to it.

The easiest way is using Google Cloud Printer. Through your gmail id you can configure the printer for online printer. It is necessary that the printer must be connected to internet. It must be either connected to a pc or to the lan network. That makes printer online all the time and make your job easier to print. Through cloud print you can access it anytime and send a print. Another thing you can do is go for web apps. This application provide you a global settings for web printer. You can set the page, manage different configuration and perform a set of different options through it. Many printer manufacturer provides you different models with online printing support. ePrint is easy but sometime it is really slow. That is due to the connectivity. Services like Printnow, Anyweb print, HP smart web printing, etc works really well. The only requirement is that the pc on which it is configured must be on.