Thread: Better between 5.1 and 7.1 audio channel for home theater

Better between 5.1 and 7.1 audio channel for home theater

For good sound output between 5.1 and 7.1 which one is better. I am looking for a budget sound quality. Now my friend his selling his off old 5.1 audio setup at a very reasonable rate. I had tested the output which is really awesome. But many says that going for 7.1 is far more better as it is bigger and better. I need some help to find the right answer here. Because if 5.1 is good enough then I can save some money.

Re: Better between 5.1 and 7.1 audio channel for home theater

If you are getting a good 501 audio system then go for that. All you will get is a more high volume on 7.1 while other all features are exactly the same. I am using a 5.1 audio system and it really works fine. There is no issue with that.

7.1 offers you a higher amount of audio channels. 5.1 gives you 6 while 7.1 offer you 8 audio channel which looks to be enough. In the lower one the output quality is standard. I will not say it is really great but it is reasonable. While in the higher one you will get more audio depths. 7.1 is usually recommended for large rooms. Like halls where there is more space. While if you are having a single room then 5.1 is good enough to give you complete surround sound effect. For home theaters it is usually recommended to go with 7.1 as they offer you HD sound output. But they are also costly. You can stick with 5.1 right now and use it for some time. If you are not happy then you can simply buy a more better one. Before buying you can just go on web and checkout some 7.1 audio device models. If the price is in your budget then going for the new one is more better.Now there are ample of manufacturers who are selling audios speakers. Just go on any popular ecommerce website and ask for the a good audio device support. That would be more better I think.

Go for 7.1 only. Because it comes loaded with different cinema effects which you will not get in 5.1. It is good for listening to music, but if you really want theater kind of output then 7.1 is far more cooler.