Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Want some help to assemble 7 case fan with reasonable psu

Hardware Peripherals

Old 29-07-2013

Want some help to assemble 7 case fan with reasonable psu

I want to upgrade my existing cpu case. The new one which I am getting is from my friend which is more bigger and has around 7 fans in it. Now I just need to transfer my existing hardware from my case to the new one. But I am not really sure about the psu. The current psu which I am using is 440w. It came with the case. I am also having a graphic card. And I do not think the existing psu has that much of power adapters. What should I do?

Old 30-07-2013

Re: Want some help to assemble 7 case fan with reasonable psu

Why you need that much fans. You can just hook 2 or 3 big size fan which is more than enough. For adding 7 fans, you will need to upgrade your psu. The existing 440w will not work well and the output will be affected.
Old 30-07-2013

A psu between 500 to 700w is more than enough for your usage. Keep the highest one which is more recommended. Now in a regular system there is no need to add that much of fan. It is good for those who overclock their system. And here if you are just using it for the purpose of gaming or office work then keeping it straight forward is better. But if you are willing to go for a extreme gaming machine then you will need to add a good power supply. It will cost you around Rs.5,000 to get a better one which has multiple power adapters to add different fan. One among them is Seasonic S12II 620 Watts PSU. This is good for gaming pc. It offer 6 additional connectors where you can add your fans. You can buy a extension also to hook multiple fan on a single connector. That will be more effective I think. But if you are not going to overclock your system then this is a waste of money. Better keep the case aside for future use when you are willing to upgrade everything from scratch. There are more low budget psu available but this one is the best one due to better quality.
Old 31-07-2013

Usually cpu fans comes with tiny fan or molex connectors. Now on ebay you can buy multiple molex extender. Some you can connect on the motherboard. In this way I think right-now you can manage around 3 to 4 fans on your existing psu.
Old 31-07-2013

I can recommend you some psu based on the needs. Seasonic ECO 500 Watts PSU is the cheapest one which comes under gaming series. It comes for Rs.3500. For extra peripheral it offers you 3 additional connector only. While if you are looking for some extreme one then just checkout Cooler Master Thunder 700 Watts PSU. This comes for Rs.6000. The psu is great enough to give ample of power output with great connectivity options. The best part of having this psu is that it comes with additional power management technology which keeps your system more safer. I also think you do not really need a 7 fan on your system. That is really high. Adding 3 or maximum 4 is quiet enough. Among which you will need to check that 2 fans will be large one. This fans will keep on maintaining proper air ventilation in your system giving out the kind of output you are looking for. Somehow it is essential that you must stick with a more reasonable model which is under budget and good for future usage also.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , ,