Thread: SONY DR-BT21G stereo bluetooth headset not working in Windows 7

SONY DR-BT21G stereo bluetooth headset not working in Windows 7

I have recently purchased a new SONY DR-BT21G bluetooth headset which is working fine on Vista computer. But if I am connecting it to my other computer that has Windows 7 on it, then this headset doesnt work. I can pair the headset without any problem but there are no drivers for it that can be installed. I think I need to have a A2DP profile in Windows 7 inorder to get this headset to work in Windows 7? Any ideas? Thanks.

Re: SONY DR-BT21G stereo bluetooth headset not working in Windows 7

I have found that SONY DR-BT21G stereo Bluetooth headset is not compatible with Windows 7 operating system. I went to Windows 7 Compatible Center on microsoft website and found that this device is not listed on the compatible list. Also, on Sony website I didnt find any information that could tell me if this headset works on Windows 7 and hence there are no drivers for it I guess. You will have to virtually install Windows Vista or XP on your computer and then you can use this headset.

Have you tried installing the Vista driver of this headset in compatibility mode on Windows 7. To do that right click on the .exe file and then go to Properties. Now click on the Compatibility tab at the top and then check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select Windows Vista. Now when you are trying to install it, check the box for "Run this program as an Administrator" and the click ok and then save the settings. Hope this works.

I was able to find the Windows 7 driver for SONY DR-BT21G stereo bluetooth headset. This driver is able to support the Windows 7 RTM version as well as it supports A2DP protocol also. Download it from the below link:

http://www.aziocorp.com/support/down...all_090825.zip