Thread: Silverstone Milo ML03B vs Antec Three Hundred Cabinet

Silverstone Milo ML03B vs Antec Three Hundred Cabinet

Which one is better from Silverstone Milo ML03B and Antec Three Hundred Cabinet. I am looking for a decent one here for around 3 pc at my home. Among which one is the central pc which has all the data. I want a good cpu chassis for it. It is ok to go with any cheaper one for the other two. I found two chassis in a shop among which hone is Milo ML03B and the second belongs to Antec. Milo offers a horizontal layout that might save more space on the desktop, while antec is the regular one, but to some extent bigger. It is helpful to add more hardware in future.

Re: Silverstone Milo ML03B vs Antec Three Hundred Cabinet

Silverstone ML03B is a htcp case. It is designed with horizontal layout giving out enough space for adding multiple hard drive and also a graphic card. It also has a usb 3.0 ports on the front side. If you buy this one then you can save ample of space compare to the horizontal chassis.

It is good for sometime online. But at the time of upgrades it gives problem. I had purchased a mini cabinet sometime ago. It is good enough to fix behind the monitor and works really well. But later I require to add a graphic card on the same. There was no space available. To add a gpu I have to add a separate enclosure which again was costly. So it is always better to go with the vertical layout. In it there is ample of space to hook multiple hard drive with more room for air ventilation. If you are going to keep your system in ac then horizontal layout does not really matter. But as we know they lack thickness due to which gpu does not fit well. Also there is a direct dust on the motherboard. The case which I had purchased was tiny horizontal upon which I keep my monitor. When I opened it for cleaning the dust was accumulated over the entire board. While in vertical the air flow is more better. Antec Three Hundred is a Mid Tower case which comes for Rs.4158. That makes it a bit costly in terms of entry level cpu case.

It is not wise to spend that much amount on the mid tower case. There are ample of cheap cases available under Rs.1,500. Go for the same. Silverstone Milo ML03B comes in Micro and Mini-ITX format. That would be a bit more costlier compare to the regular cases in the market.

Sliverstone Milo will be surely costlier for you. But you can go for a more cheaper one which I am using. It is BitFenix Merc Alpha which comes for Rs.3,000 only. It is a standard ATX case that offers you all connectivity options with durable body also. There are 4 usb 2.0 ports are provided on the top front side which gives you easy accessibility for connecting different devices. It comes with a single fan only. But being a vertical layout it offers more air ventilation. Rigthnow it gives you features like proper cable management, around six 3.5inch hard drive bays, three 5.25inch hard drive bays and one 2.5inch ssd bay. So you can see here that there are ample of connectivity options available at the storage part. It has a complete black look with nice finish and durable look also. All ports and power button lies on the top side instead of on the front. I will advice you to have a look on this cabinet. I found it as one o f the best under entry level system cases.

Don't go for mini and horizontal cpu case. They are not so effective in usage. They create problem in future upgrades. I had purchased the same for my core 2 duo system which came with single hard drive bay. I cannot extend another drive in it.

I have Cooler Master Elite 310. I had bought this for Rs.2,000. It is a simple vertical cpu case giving out all the features required. It is not necessary that you buy a cpu case only the basis of future upgrades. Atleast for couple of years you are going to use your pc as it is. But later on you can go for the fresh upgrades. Vertical layout cases are more easy to find and replace also. While if you go with assembling on mini or horizontal layout then the job becomes a bit complicated. The place inside is too congested and the main issues lies with cable management. There are ample of great cases comes below Rs.5,000. There is no need to go for a costly one. Elite 310 is a good entry level case offering you all features required. This case offers six 3.5inch internal hard drive bays and four 5.25 inch bays which is the most common one. Buying a branded chassis offers you more durability over others.

Mini cases are really are uncomfortable after some time. This kind of chassis comes between Rs.1000 to Rs.3000 in which you can buy a full size atx tower with many additional features. It is essential that you must choose based on your requirement.