Thread: System build for Multimedia and gaming

System build for Multimedia and gaming

I am looking for advice on a budget system. My primary job is photo and video edition. But I will also use the same for mild gaming. I am not able to find any proper configuration on the same. Rightnow I had build a small list which I had mentioned below. It looks enough to me. This is for a custom build. But if there is any laptop available which lies in the same performance ratio then it will be more better. I do not want to go for really costly system here. Average gaming performance is also more than enough.
    • Monitor : 18" LED
    • Cpu : Core 2 Duo
    • RAM : 4GB
    • Graphic Card : 1GB
    • HDD : 500GB
    • Motherboard : Gigabyte/MSI

re: System build for Multimedia and gaming

The system config which you had mentioned average. It can be a good gaming pc also because there is a 1Gb graphic card on the same. Instead of 500GB hard drive just go for 1TB which is more better. It is higher in space. And in place of Core 2 Duo go for Core i3 or Core i5 cpu.

When we talk about gaming pc then there are lots of things to be considered. Like the cpu, gpu, psu, motherboard, etc. While hard drive and ram are the secondary part. If you are using a 1GB gpu then it is also necessary which brand you are using. There are ample of cheap quality graphic cards available in the market that are good for nothing. While a good gpu can come in the price range of Rs.3000 to Rs.5000. I will also advice you to go for a Core i series processor which is typically more better than Core 2 Duo. In terms of performance both are safe, but in terms of power consumption both have great difference. Core 2 Duo heats up really fast. While Core i3 is low on power consumption along with this it has a nicely optimized for performance output. So if you are choosing a budget pc then just ensure the right hardware. Or else there can problem in future. Video editing is also resource intensive job. It requires a good processing power for conversion and processing large video files. So if you are investing then just do that at once. Do not wait for future upgrades.

You are not going to get a good gaming laptop below Rs.40000. One model which I know is best for gaming and has great performance is Alienware M17x 2012. Just check out the model on web and see the specification. I think it will be best for you.

I am having a Core i3 system. I use it for gaming only. First I was just having the processor and 4GB ram. Games like Prototype 2 works fine but the output was poor. Then bought a Sapphire graphic card. The card model is Sapphire AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 which is a 1 GB DDR3 gpu. After adding that the performance is simply improved to great extent. I can now play all games on full settings. It is works really well. It really matters whatever hardware you buy must be have a good clock ratio. Or else the gaming output will be degraded. You can buy a good set of graphic cards also if you need more better gaming output. If you are going to buy every part of the system then it will be complicated for you to assemble the entire thing and make a pc out of it. While going for branded desktop from hp, or from any other stuff is more better. Laptops are also good enough in gaming, but what they lack is flexible upgrade options. While compare to them you can simply go for desktop upgrades more easily.

The cheapest model under gaming laptop series is HP Pavilion G6-2301AX. It comes for Rs.33278. It has a APU Quad Core A8 processor with 4GB ram and you can play any games on it. It works really well. Just check the model on web. It is a reasonable laptop according to me.

Re: System build for Multimedia and gaming

Anyhow your system budget will exceed Rs.30000 if you go for manual purchase. You will have to buy processor, ram, hardware, gpu, etc. Each of them will be charged separately. Now for a gaming pc, I think you must go for the best to avoid future upgrades. Like instead of Core i3, go for Core i5, instead of a 32bit motherboard go for 64bit, etc. You can add 8GB ram instead of 4 and 2TB drive instead of 1TB. Because in video editing job you will need a system which can give you a long lasting performance without worrying about much upgrade. It is a kind of one time investment. You can just buy everything together and then go for assembling. But to save your time and you get a more branded device with better warranty you can opt for a laptop. Some good models are available in the price range of Rs.30000 to Rs.40000. One of the is HP Pavilion G6-2313AX Laptop pavilion G6-2313AX. It is a great laptop for gaming purpose. But if you are willing to go for Core i series in laptop then the budget exceeds well above Rs.40,000.

Re: System build for Multimedia and gaming

Don't go for laptops. They are damn to costly. Go for desktop. A custom build of Intel Core i5 will cost you less than Rs.30000 of you spend wisely. Check the price list below. It is a rough price list but you can build your system based on that.
    • Dell IN1930 18.5 inch -- Rs.5751
    • Intel i3 3220 -- Rs.7236
    • Gigabyte GA-H61M-D2H -- Rs.3363
    • Gigabyte AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6670 2 GB DDR3 -- Rs.4849
    • Transcend DDR3-1333 DDR3 2 GB PC RAM -- Rs.1112
    • WD Caviar Green 2 TB -- Rs.5644
    • CPU Cabinet -- Rs.1200
    • Optical Drive -- Rs.900

Total = Rs. 30055