Thread: oracle sql developer compatibility issue.

ohmy oracle sql developer compatibility issue.

I am using Oracle SQL Developer v3.1.07 in my computer. My computer runs on Windows server 2008. My computer is Itanium based 64-bit superdome server SD64B manufactured by HP. Whenever I run large amount of data, say, more than 50 lakhs of data, Oracle SQL developer runs properly for some time. Then the process either slows down by up to 3 to 4 times or completely stops. There is no error message, warnings or any notification of this problem. Also when I say 'process stops', I don't mean crash or not responding mode. Oracle SQL developer is still running properly, just the process stops.

When I was finding the cause of this problem on internet, I stumbled upon many articles saying that Oracle has pulled out from developing any software for Itanium based systems. Some legal issue it is.

What I want to know is the compatibility between Oracle SQL Developer v3.1.07 and Itanium based 64-bit superdome server SD64B manufactured by HP. Can someone help me with it pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaassssssseeeeeeee???

Re: oracle sql developer compatibility issue.

I think that your DBA might let you know the session in a view called v$session and the columns event and WAIT_CLASS will be able to give an indication of what is going on, on the Oracle end. It will also identify the SQL (SQL_ID from v$session) and use that in a Select from table (DBMS_XPLAN.DISPLAY_CURSOR(sql_id)) to determine the plan.