Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 27-01-2013

external hard drive prompting for format

I have an Seagate 1 TB external plug-n-play hard drive. It has suddenly given me an error where it prompts for formatting data on plugging it in the port. Though it opens, but it keeps popping message to format. IT happens till the auto-play window opens. My hard drive has lots of important data and I can't afford to lose it. Any help?
Old 01-02-2013

Re: external hard drive prompting for format

First of all you should not format the drive under any case. After that right click on my computer and then go to Manage and then Disk Management. After that right click on long bar of that drive and then select change drive letter and path option and then assign a new drive letter. Check if the issue gets resolved.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Hardware Peripherals
Tags: , ,