Thread: WD TV live connected to Onkyo Ht-s3500 says "No signal"

WD TV live connected to Onkyo Ht-s3500 says "No signal"

I have connected WD TV LIVE player to Onkyo HT-S3500 Home Theater System through receiver using HDMI cable but I get "No signal" on TV. I have tried connecting WD TV LIVE up directly to the tv but I don’t get any sound from the receiver. If I turn the receiver off than I get sound from my tv but I want to get sound from receiver as I have bought it to do that task. I don’t think I am missing out anything but let me know if there is anything that need to check to get it working.

Re: WD TV live connected to Onkyo Ht-s3500 says "No signal"

There are possibilities that there might be some kind of incompatibility between WD TV Life and Onkyo Ht-s3500. Anyways have you tried connecting it on different HDMI inputs on your Ht-s3500? If not than you can give that a shot and check out if that makes any difference. Have you tried connecting some other device like Playstation or Xbox into the inputs on the receiver to cross check if there’s anything wrong with the receiver??? If not than try out that as well.

There’s nothing wrong with the receiver and my WD TV LIVE player, I have crossed check by connecting my Playstation 3 to inputs on the receiver via HDMI and I was able to get video as well as audio. It seems as if receiver is not recognizing the WDTV LIVE even when connected to it. I don’t mind connecting WDTV LIVE directly to my TV and run an optical cable from the WDTV LIVE to the receiver byt I want to use HDMI for connecting it to the receiver. Even I think theres some kind of incompatibility between WD TV Life and Onkyo Ht-s3500 but I need to confirm it first.

Yes there is some kind of incompatibility for sure, in my case I have tried connecting WD TV LIVE player to OnkyoRT680 through receiver and have got similar response. Actually it doesn’t get recognized most of the time but it does some times. I don’t know what exactly is the issue all about. I have tried connecting it on different HDMI inputs and have tried using different HDMI cable as well but no luck yet. Currently I have connected WD TV LIVE player directly to HDMI input on my TV and I am not having any issue in that scenario but I will really like to know if there’s anything that I can do from my end to get WD TV LIVE player working after connecting it to OnkyoRT680 through receiver using hdmi cable

Have you tried updating firmware of your WD TV LIVE player??? If not then I will suggest you to try that out. If there might be some minor incompatibility issue than updating firmware might help you out. You can download latest version of firmware for your WD TV LIVE from its official site. Let me know if updating the firmware fixes the incompatibility issue.
    -Their is a time for one thing, and times for other things, but now isn't the time to read this message-

I'll surely give it a try but I don’t know how to do that, I haven’t tried updating its firmware and all previously. It will be very grateful if you’ll explain required steps in simple language.

You could have easily referred to WD official site. Anyways here is what you have to do.
    First download latest firmware update for your WD TV Live HD media player. Extract and move .BIN, .VER, and .FFF files to root of USB drive and connect it to WD TV Live Media Player's USB port.
    After that press HOME, select Settings bar, select the firmware upgrade icon and press enter
    Once you get a prompt for upgrading the firmware, select OK and press enter
    Your WD TV Live Media Player will restart and upon restart its firmware will get updated.
    Hope that helps.
    -Their is a time for one thing, and times for other things, but now isn't the time to read this message-