Thread: No sound from Creative X-Fi Music sound card after restarting Windows 8

No sound from Creative X-Fi Music sound card after restarting Windows 8

I had installed Windows 8 in my PC some five to six days ago. Yesterday I brought myself a new sound card, which is Creative X-Fi Music. I attached it on my motherboard and then to the speakers. The first time I installed new drivers in it and then played music on it, the sound card worked great. I used it to listen to music and all. But after restarting the PC, I found that the sound card has stopped working. There was no sound coming from it so I uninstalled all the drivers from the PC and installed them again. It again started working. But this is happening every time. Every time I restart my PC, I have to uninstall and install same drivers over and over again. Can someone tell me how to get the sound card installed permanently in my PC?

Re: No sound from Creative X-Fi Music sound card after restarting Windows 8

I think that the default sound drivers that came along with the Creative X-Fi Music you purchased are faulty. My suggestion is that you go on the website of the manufacturer of this graphic card and download a new version of the sound drivers which will work properly with the sound card of yours. If this doesn’t work, then you can ask the vendor from whom you purchased this sound card about the problem. I am sure that he will get it replaced for you.

Re: No sound from Creative X-Fi Music sound card after restarting Windows 8

I think that the Creative X-Fi Music sound card that you have purchased must not be compatible with Windows 8. You can check its compatibility on the website of the manufacturer. If this is the case, then I think it is best that you wait for the developers to release proper version of the sound drivers for this sound card. If you want to use Creative X-Fi Music so urgently, then my suggestion is that you change the operating system in your computer from Windows 8 to some older one. I am sure that this sound card will work properly with Windows XP or Windows 7.