Thread: Unable to install HP OfficeJet 5610v printer in Windows 8

Unable to install HP OfficeJet 5610v printer in Windows 8

I have a HP OfficeJet 5610v printer at my home which I have connected to my PC with Windows 8 as operating system in it. After starting the PC, I found that drivers were not updated. So I downloaded the latest drivers for the printer and started installing it. But when I started the installer for the drivers of HP OfficeJet 5610v printer, it gave me options to select the features, but no button to install. There was only one active button, which is, Cancel. Can someone tell me why this problem is happening?

Re: Unable to install HP OfficeJet 5610v printer in Windows 8

I too tried to install the drivers of HP OfficeJet 5610v printer and I too am getting the same error. I mean there is no install button or any button that will let us proceed to next step. It must be some problem related to the graphics of the installer, I mean, the buttons must not be loading or the type of button HP must have included in their driver must not be compatible with the Windows 8. I have tried various times by changing the theme of Windows 8, as well as by detaching the graphic card and running on stock graphic processor, but the same problem persists.

When I downloaded the drivers for HP OfficeJet 5610v printer in my PC, instead of English language, I got Hebrew language. I think it is some problem with the website or the servers of the HP that is giving us these problems. Regarding the problem about the missing Install button, I suggest you to try running the installer on the compatibility mode of Windows XP or Windows 7. I think it might help and get the missing buttons back on the screen. Also if you have any PC of your friend or relative which has Windows XP or Windows 7, you can try running this installer on it and see if the button is visible or not.

I don’t know what this problem of missing button is and I can’t tell you for sure how you can rectify this error. But my suggestion is that if you want to upgrade the drivers for the HP OfficeJet 5610v printer in Windows 8, it is best that you get in the settings of this printer and then from the update section you start upgrading the drivers. There is always an option saying, ‘Find new drivers’ or maybe something similar. I think you should use this option as the printer will automatically find the best driver for the device and Windows 8.