Thread: What version of Intel RST and SSD is compatible with Windows 8?

What version of Intel RST and SSD is compatible with Windows 8?

I have an OCZ Vertex4 SSD in my PC and it is not working with Windows 8 RTM. I have tried various ways to get Windows 8 RTM accept this SSD ad help me run it on my system. But every attempt has been futile till now. Can someone tell me about any other SSD that is properly compatible with Windows 8 and will not give any errors?

Re: What version of Intel RST and SSD is compatible with Windows 8?

Many people have encountered various problems with SSD in their PCs. The usual problems include SSD not being detected by Windows 8 or SSD underperforming. I don’t know what the problem is actually, but many people have confirmed that updating the drivers for SSD has solved the problems. You can try it out too for yourself. I think you should wait for the Windows 8 retail version to release as it will be the version which will have support for majority of the hardware. My suggestion is that you revert back to Windows 7 for now and then come back to use Windows 8 when you get support for your Intel SSD.

Re: What version of Intel RST and SSD is compatible with Windows 8?

I don’t think that it is right to blame Windows 8 for not providing proper support to SSDs. Even the motherboard of your PC might be responsible for this problem. I suggest you to check if the motherboard you use is compatible with Windows 8 or not. You can try using a hard disk for this purpose with Windows 8 installed in it. If it works properly, then I suggest you to check out for a new motherboard which will support the combination of Windows 8 and SSD. Also if you wait for some time, Intel might bring out some patch or firmware upgrade that will ensure proper connection of SSD in Windows 8.