Thread: Dell OptiPlex 160L Spare Parts needed

unsure Dell OptiPlex 160L Spare Parts needed

I was given this machine running on XP from a doctors office--based on help from a friend. This machine was donated to me because my Vista machine MB failed. I hate to say my living situation here, but I'll say just getting by at the moment. I ran into someone who sorta knows the business, but didn't have what I needed. So I thought of coming here.

I was just curious if there is anyone who has spare parts for an old Dell 160L using XP. I am in need of a 1GB memory stick to help speed this thing up. It is slowing down--dispite friend making several adjustments. Specs say this needs DDR2700 memory stick. After running a test, there is a 256 stick in here. Is there a place here, or way to obtain parts form someone who has extra laying around?

I was just curious since I am in a struggling environment at moment, and trying to keep this thing running as good as possible until my situation improves. Any suggestions you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Future plan is to get Win7 machine since tech at Fryes told me it would work with Vista HD. Still have data on that drive. Again, thank you.

re: Dell OptiPlex 160L Spare Parts needed

Well, if it is only the ram that you want to upgrade then you can easily buy any ddr2 ram from any store and fit it on the motherboard's ram slot, it will work normally as it should. Incase if you want some other parts for this machine as well, then try to search the parts of Dell 160L on ebay website, there are many retailer and someone from them might have the parts of this machine that you are looking for.