Thread: SanDisk Extreme 480 GB is not getting of 3 GB speed on Mac Book

SanDisk Extreme 480 GB is not getting of 3 GB speed on Mac Book

I have a Mac Book with me which I have been using from past 3 years. Yesterday, I brought an SSD for my Mac Book and tried installing it in. But after installing the SSD in Mac Book, I started transferring data in it. After few minutes of data transfer, I felt that the speed of the transfer is very low and than what I expected from an SSD. I checked the transfer speed using Black Magic benchmarking tool and found that speed of transfer was not 3 GB/s as claimed by manufacturers. Can someone tell me why it is happening?

Re: SanDisk Extreme 480 GB is not getting of 3 GB speed on Mac Book

The first thing that you should avoid to check the transfer speed is the Black Magic benchmarking tool. This tool uses compressed data to check the transfer speed of the computer thus misleading the user about the speed of transfer in one’s computer.

I don’t know what you have been transferring, but let me tell you that the transfer speed depends upon the type of files that you are transferring. It depends on the size of the file, the number of files, and format of file and so on. So maybe your SSD must be giving different transfer speeds for different kind of data.

Re: SanDisk Extreme 480 GB is not getting of 3 GB speed on Mac Book

Mac Book was made during the time when there were no SSD drives. This can be the reason that your Mac Book is under performing when you are attaching a SSD to it. I think the SSDs are only made for latest computers and not for the old ones.

So I suggest that you have to either live with the under performing SSD or switch back to your old hard disk which was giving its full performance to you on your Mac Book.