Thread: Need Canon MF4330D drivers OS X ML

Need Canon MF4330D drivers OS X ML

I am having Canon MF4330D printer and I am looking out for its driver, actually I have installed OSX mountain lion and I am not able to find a compatible driver for it. Is there anyone who can help me out in finding it or has an idea about it? Help regarding this will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Re: Need Canon MF4330D drivers OS X ML

I have checked about the same and here is Canon UFR2 v2.41 printer driver for 10.8, it is supported by Cannon MF4330D so you should not have any issue with that. Just install the same and let me know if it is working fine, if you face any further issue with it then feel free to ask.

I have now installed the above mentioned driver and I did not had any issue with the installation but the driver is not supporting scanning. I am not sure but it appears as if there are different driver for printing and scanning. I have checked it out and have come across Canon's ScanGear v1.51. and have installed the same, it is said to configure scanning parameters but nothing happens when I am pressing Scan button, when I am clicking on Scanners MF4330D Toolbox it is shutting down unexpectedly. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver a couple of times thinking that it might make some issue but no avail.

As far as I am aware Canon MF uses USB connection and it does not have Ethernet port. When you will press the Scan button then it will display Scanning Mode. Since you have mentioned MF Toolbox is shutting down unexpectedly, I will suggest you to start it without connecting your MF to Mac. When you get a message saying “Cannot communicate with the selected scanner. The scanner may not be connected, or may be turned off.” then connect your MF to Mac via USB and see if it is working fine or not.

I have tried that trick but that’s not working, after connecting MF to Mac via USB. I can see name of my scanner in Scanner menu and Printing works fine but scanning is still not working. I have tried using extension cable as well but did not had any luck with that. I have tried going through Preview but "Import from a scanner" option in preview is appearing inactive. I have checked regrading the same in other forums but some people have mentioned there is no support for Image Capture or Preview in MF Toolbox. I really don’t know what to do, I want to get scanning working as soon as possible, so if there is anything that I can try out further then please let me know it will be very appreciative.