Thread: Print 4x6 Photo from Hp photosmart 6510

Print 4x6 Photo from Hp photosmart 6510

I need some help to get 4x6 photo size from HP Photosmart 6510. I cannot locate the right settings. When I print the picture is too large and the same is waste of my color cartridge. My client has demanded set of photos which lie to the above size. How can I do that. Is there is any better software that I can use with this printer to get the right photo size. Thanks.

Re: Print 4x6 Photo from Hp photosmart 6510

If you talk about software then I list you one of the best tool. You can go for Corel PaintShop Pro or Adobe Photoshop. Both tools offer you rich options to enhance your photos and then print the same. You can check in printer settings and make appropriate changes as per your need. If you had never used this tool then it will take time to understand the settings. You can view certain help documents for the same.

You can do that via Microsoft Picture Manager. For that you have to put the right resolution and done. There is no need to play with printer settings. If you are scanning image then you have to modify the settings. Open your image in Microsoft Picture Manager. On the right side you can see a bar where you have to find Resize. Click on that. It will ask you to add the size of pictures based on resolution which is mostly the pixels. So you can add there 288px × 384px to get 4x6 size.

The size also depends on the image resolution. You can do one thing to find the right image resolution. Go on Google Images and type the size of image. You will find a number of samples there. Open those images in a new tab. Now right click on the image and click on View Image Info. In that you can find the right resolution. You just need to add that in Microsoft Picture Manager. Then click on print and check the other settings. If you want to add multiple photos on a single page then first resize the photo as per your requirement and save it.

Then exit Picture Manager. Now right click on the image and choose Windows Photo Viewer. In that you can see the print button. Click on it and make necessary changes. At a point you will get a Window in which you can adjust more than one photo on the single page.

I think the printer would be having some settings for that. It is as All in One printer. So the printer software can help you in that. There would be a separate option under the Scanner tool where you can manage the printer photo size. This is not at all complicated to handle or manage. Just check in the photo printing settings. I had seen they offer you default resolution by putting a postcard size or full frame type of preset.

I am using Picasa. This is one of the best photo management tool I had seen. It offers me a clear way of configuring and printing different photos instantly. This thing has two modes. You can print online or offline also. If you are using the web album then you can go for online printing. By default when you go for print you will get this default settings - 3.5 x 5 & 5 x 8 which is mostly a CD cover size, 4 x 6 & 9 x 13 which is like a Contact sheet, 3 x 4 & 10 x 15 which is the size of Passport, 4 x 5 & 13 x 18 which is size of Wallet, 5 x 7 & 15 x 20 and 8 x 10 & 20 x 25 for large size printing. So here it already has the size you want which i8s 4x6 contact sheet print.

Why don't you go for the same. You can download Picasa for Windows or Linux and then use it for printing purpose. It is recommended that you must not use small photos for large size print because it will pixelate the quality. Your images will be more blurry. The printer settings are quiet easy and with preset settings you do not need to add or modify your existing images. All this options are available under Print Layout options.

Yes Picasa is well and good for printing as well as for sharing your photos. I am using the same. I tried HP software and some other photo editing tools, but they are bit confusing. The problem of using photo editing software is that they make final changes to your photos and modify the same. So that spoil the existing image. Then one of my friend recommended to run the print with Picasa and it worked well.

The issue with printing is that the entire paper is wasted. If 4x6 is taking a short part of page the other area is wasted. Windows Photo Viewer has option to add multiple images on single page, while Picasa gives you size support. The mixture of both is found in Adobe Photoshop. It is a advance tools with many things in it. It is not easy for a novice to get what he wants. You have to learn and understand various settings. Due to this you are facing issue. I checked properly and used many tools. But if you are once use to Adobe Photoshop I am sure you will not need any software. With advance editing it also offer you clear printing support. You can manage any size of print on that and adjust the print wherever you want. You can thus get multiple copies on a single page itself. I am sure you will not find it complicated to use if you have lots of photo printing works.

Making changes directly to printer settings is a bit problematic. I had made changes to a printer settings and adjust 4x6 anyhow. Now after a couple of day I forget to modify the setting and added some documents on print. They spoiled my 10 pages. At this point using tool like Picasa separately is far more better. You existing printer settings are not at all modified.

4x6 is mostly a postcard size print. But the same is a bit smaller. Hp printer software provides some default options by which you can get this settings. And you can print that directly from the printer. No need to check the images on pc. Add those images on a memory card or usb drive. Connect it to the printer and from the front lcd menu click on Photos. Before that you have to add 4x6 paper size on the printer tray and adjust it for printing. No go to the screen and press photo.

Click on View & Print and choose the photo. If there are number of images you can see a up/down arrow. Choose the image that you want to print through that. Then tap on edit. Now here you have options to add number of copies and manage other settings. You can make changes check the preview and give a final print. This is a kind of much easier option instead of downloading a software and then checking the settings. I always print in this way from my phone.

Thanks for that answer. I was trying to find the same. I tested many tools by printing directly from the printer is one of the best and easiest way. I tried that and with somepreset you can get the right size of photos easily.