Thread: HP Scanjet 4370 windows 7 driver needed

HP Scanjet 4370 windows 7 driver needed

Just borrowed a scanner from my friend. It is some HP Scanjet 4370 Photo Scanner. I have a Windows 7 laptop with me. When I connected the scanner to the system it was detected by Windows. But the drivers were missing. I need help to find the drivers. Another thing my friend is using the same printer no his Ubuntu laptop where it worked well without the need of drivers. There might be something in it.

I need to capture good resolution images scanned from a small banners. I hope adding drivers will also improve the image scan quality. Thanks.

Re: HP Scanjet 4370 windows 7 driver needed

Click on the below link. There is a tool provided which I think comes with the driver itself. You just have to download and install that. Second when Windows detect the scanner you can click on Automatic installation. Windows will try to find relative update for the scanner and make it work. I think that would make a better solution.

HP Software Suite + Scanjet 4370 Drivers

Go on any popular download website and get the drivers. It is available on many places. There is nothing to worry about the same. For the photo quality, it depends on the scanner hardware. You have to check specs to find what maximum resolution this can offer you. Because you can't go above that. I have a similar scanner which gives me a reasonable scanning option. It does not provide me great output, but quiet recommended. For high quality scanning you need a similar type of hardware.

First when you install the driver you will find the scanner icon inside My Computer. Ample of HP Driver CD which comes with the scanner or printer is loaded with all tools and software. So that becomes a bit necessary for every installation. Ubuntu works in different way. In maximum way it can detect hardware through its own repositories or the manual process is too simple. The same manual process is also provided in Windows, where you have to choose each and every thing one by one for final installation. If you can find the HP disc then you get some software with that that can help you to scan high quality photos.

You can easily find the drivers on HP Support & Drivers. When you visit hp site click on drivers on the top. There you can then locate the model of product that you have and done. Your scanner will be installed. Mostly windows easily installs plug and play devices and a scanner is the most common hardware. I do not think you need to work on the same in different ways.

There is no driver for HP Scanjet 4370. I have a similar scanner and I tried to download the drivers from many website. But ample of them did not worked. Last when I posted the issue on hp forums I received a reply that the drivers is only available through Windows update.

Connect the scanner and run Windows update. Windows will locate a appropriate driver for the device and will install it automatically. I had installed a old web camera also through this way. Windows locate the hardware specific update and install that in your system. It is not really possible to locate that type of update on Microsoft site. There is a huge list. But still if Windows do not detect the right update, try to unplug and plug the scanner a number of time. Go in Device Manager and right click on any unknown device or scanner device and click on remove or uninstall. Then again reboot your system connect the scanner and run Windows update. Do not click on the New Hardware installation wizard.

This scanner is having some compatibility issue with Windows and this is not from recent time. I had checked the driver site, which only show a tool. The link that you got on the top. There is no driver in that. Try to install that tool, I hope your scanner will be detected and installed.

I was struggling to install this printer on Vista. When nothing happened I located the solution on hp website. This is a bit tricky. On the site it was mentioned that for installing this scanner we have to install driver of HP Scanjet G3010 Photo Scanner. This would be compatible and surely work on this scanner also. If you are on Windows 7 you can give this a try. Go on HP support site and locate the driver of Scanjet G3010.

They again try to check if scanner is detected or not. First of all you have to check in Device Manager what is listed over there. If the scanner is detected with yellow exclamation mark then it simply means that the driver failed. Or if it is listed as unknown device then Windows is not detecting this scanner at all. Check the cable connection also. Try to change the port or use a different cable if you have any. There is no other settings on the scanner that can tell you that this scanner will work or not. You have to try a number of things on your own.

There is a manual installation process in Windows. This is like Add Hardware Wizard. In this you get a number of windows with option. You have to choose the hardware type, hardware manufacturer and model. In this Windows tries to locate the right driver for your device. It had worked for me a number time while installing a old modem. I hope this can also help you out.

The first link at top is the correct one. That is the only driver you can use and it works for Vista as well as for Windows 7. This is a HP Scanjet Full Feature Software and Driver included inside this. The download size is around 228MB. In this you get the software for scanning also and the driver. So that software can help you to scan high quality photos instantly. I think this tool will be best for you and it is recommended also. Download that, test it out and then go for any other solution. I am sure that is going to work under every conditions.

There are some tools on web called as Driver Update software. This software scans your system for pending drivers and download from web. Among them the best one are Driver Viewer, Driver Detective and Driver Hive. This tools can scan your system and look for pending drivers. I had used Driver Detective long time ago to install connect my phone to my system and it really worked out.