Thread: HP Photosmart Premium c309a cartridges last for very short time and very few pages of printing

HP Photosmart Premium c309a cartridges last for very short time and very few pages of printing

I've bought a HP Photosmart Premium c309a printer, it had came with new set of ink cartridges. After installing the same I have hardly printed 40 color pages and I was reported that Cyan and Magenta ink have been used and I will have to get new cartridges for them. I just wanted to know whether hp includes their so called new set of ink cartridges for printing 40 color pages only or there is some issue with the printer in my case. Has anyone encountered the same and ahs idea about it?? Is there anything I can do about it?

Re: HP Photosmart Premium c309a cartridges last for very short time and very few pages of printing

I have faced the same and I doubt the ink cartridges that they supply with their printer are actually capable of printing more pages that that. In my case their new cartridges had not even printed 30 pages properly. There is nothing wrong with the printer but it is just that they don’t supply long lasting ink cartridges. I have bought a new five color cartridges and their last quite longer, I have printed more than 170 pages by now and the printer haven’t reported anything like that.

Re: HP Photosmart Premium c309a cartridges last for very short time and very few pages of printing

In that case I will like to inform you both that the set of ink cartridges that you get with HP printer are just startup ink cartridges. They are just sent for the testing purpose and don’t have that amount of the ink that as compared to the ones that we get from the stores. I am not sure about other brands but I am quite sure about this thing with hp. Just 5 months ago we had bought three new HP printers and they all dint printer more than 50 color pages. Later after getting new set of ink cartridges we were able to print up to 130 to 150 pages. I think that the number of pages that you can print will vary depending on what you are printing.

I don’t think there is anything that you can do further rather than getting new set of ink cartridges. I have gone through a number of reviews of HP printers and have found most of the people mentioning that their printer drinks lot of ink which directly affects the cost of printing. As mentioned above the ink cartridges that you get with the printer have lesser amount of ink. They will print half number of color pages as compared to other ink cartridges from the stores. I have used HP printers previously but now I don’t use them because of higher printing cost, I mean I had to replace the ink cartridges after every 10 days and so, it was kind of a headache. Currently I am using Canon Pixma iP4920 and I am satisfied with it, I can print at least 200 color pages using it and that too with higher resolution.