Thread: Hp Officejet 4500 goes offline all of a sudden

Hp Officejet 4500 goes offline all of a sudden

I am having a Hp Officejet 4500 printer at home connected to my Linksys router, my system is running on windows Vista and I don’t know why it keeps losing the connection. When this happens I have to uninstall and reinstall its driver from my system to get it working. I don’t know what’s actually causing the issue. I am tired or uninstalling and reinstalling the driver every time when it goes offline. Can this be an issue with printer or there might be something wrong with my router or system??

Re: Hp Officejet 4500 goes offline all of a sudden

I won’t be able to say like that but I think that there is some issue with your system as you have mentioned that the issue is getting solved after uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. Anyways I will first suggest you to check out the router, I mean if you are having some other system around you then you can connect it to your router and see if your printer is going offline with that as well. If other machines are working fine then make sure that you are installing the latest available driver for your printer from its official site.

I have tried connecting my laptop to the router and I am not facing the same issue with that, the printer is goes offline just for the system I am using. I don’t think there might be anything wrong with the router as the internet connection is working fine. I have tried updating the printer driver to the latest and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers a couple of time but no avail. My Hp Officejet 4500 still goes offline a couple of times a day.

I just wanted to know if you are having any antivirus program installed on your system. If yes then have you added the IP address of your printer as a trusted site? If not then try out that first and see if the issue is getting solved. I think that your antivirus program might be interfering with your printer’s connection.

I am using net protected antivirus and I have added IP address of my printer as a trusted site, I don’t think there is any issue because of the antivirus program. I also wanted to add that when the issue occurs the printer says that it is connected to the network, it just my system that says printer is not connected or offline. While checking out for a fix for this issue I have come across some people who are facing the same and I have now found a temporary fix for it. It is by power cycling my router. I have tried out the same and have found it to be helping but that’s not ending the issue. Is there anything further that I need to try out??

I have found a solution for you, not sure if this will work but you can definitely give it a try:
    • From your printer go to menu> setup > network and then press ok. Once you enter the network menu then print a network configuration page to see the IP address of your printer and its other settings.
    • After that go to your web browser and enter the IP address including the decimals, when you get redirected to printers’ web page then select setup> network> and press ok, check out for the IP settings and press ok again, Now select manual and type in IP address along with the default gateway. When you are done with the changes then click “save changes” and restart your computer.

Note – Just make sure that your printer's IP is outside of your router's DHCP range if you are setting printer's IP manually.

I have gone through the steps above but I haven’t tried them out as I dint understood what you meant by
    “Just make sure that your printer's IP is outside of your router's DHCP range if you are setting printer's IP manually”
    Can you explain the same in a bit detail so that I can have complete idea about it and try out the solution that you have mentioned?

In that case I will like to inform you that DHCP range is the range of IP addresses which is assigned by the router automatically when a device is added to the network. For eg your DHCP default range is 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.200 then outside the DHCP range will be 192.168.0.201 to 192.168.0.254. You can change the range from the router's settings page. For navigating to the DHCP settings area just enter the router's IP address into browser and login there. Try it out and let me know if your issue gets solved by my solution.