Thread: Extreme Corsair Frio Advance Cpu cooler for Intel Core i5

Extreme Corsair Frio Advance Cpu cooler for Intel Core i5

Thread 3 -- Extreme Corsair Frio Advance Cpu cooler for Intel Core i5

Tags -- corsair, cpu cooler, heatsink

Looking for extreme cooling solution for your overclocking system, have a look on Corsair Frio. It supports Intel Socket LGA2011/1366/1156/1155/775. Made for Intel Core i Series and AMD platform you can add this air cooler to make your system more better. It does not matter you are overclocking your system or not, you need a good cooling fan to keep your system stable. The fan which comes with cpu, is made to give you average use. The fan supports 230w power to draw maximum heat out of your system. Even if you are overclocking you can stay a bit less worried on the same. The entire kit is designed with 5 heat-pipe and a wide 13cm fan. Thought it is a bit big in designs which makes it uncomfortable for smaller cabinet. The price of this cpu cooler is around $69.99. It is much better and awesome compared to your regular cooler. As you can see the image below the fan occupies a great space on a motherboard. On the same hand it actually covers the entire processor go remove the heat out of in best way. Intel processors like Core i5 or i7 support overclocking. You can boot the system performance by increasing the existing clock rate. The current fan is controlled by bios. When the heat rises bios automatically increase the fan speed to keep the cpu cooler.

To some extent this process is a bit traditional. Sometime due to certain flaw the cpu remains heated inside which degrades it life. One thing you must know that when you are overclocking lack of cooling hardware can reduce your cpu life and it can get damaged withing couple of year of usage. Fortunately there is warranty on the processor, but it is void if you overclock. It is better if you remain protected before by adding a good piece of hardware. Cpu cooler are always ignored when you by a computer. Most of us think that the current fan is quiet powerful and will work for longer period. Cpu likes Intel Core i5/i7 operates on higher frequency and on the same hand they are designed to remain cooler on minimum power usage. But while playing games or using any resource intensive software, the processor works on greater speed. At that point the fan only handles heating issue. If somehow the existing fan fails the system will be turned off automatically.

This is the short consequences that can appear to anyone. Corsair Frio is a new cooler which has 5 x Ø6 mm heat-pipes which connects directly to the cpu upper part. Check the image below. There are 5 pipes connected to the lower edge which passes are connected to larger aluminum fins to draw heat out from the cpu easily. On both the sides there are two 13cm fan attached which ensures the regular airflow. The fans needs good powe so it is recommended that you must upgrade your existing if it is below 400w. Other than there is a high quality thermal paste in the kit. This paste is designed to draw heat out from the cpu towards the fan so that it can stay cooler. The aluminum fins in the center are quiet large to absorb maximum heat. Corsair had added 2 fans to the kit ensuring that you get maximum power to keep your system cooler. As the entire cpu cooler is quiet big, it does not means that it will generate more noise. It remains calm under minimum operation. The fitting is not complicated also. It comes with a universal socket compatibility which fits on maximum board easily. The cooler design a bit different with others which gives your system a very distinct look. A combination of red and black makes it more attractive. There is a short specification list below which indicates on which cpu socket the fan can work. Also there are certain information related to the elements used inside it.

Specification :
    • Cpu Support
    • Intel Latest Sandy Bridge & 6-Core Processors
    • Intel Core i7 Extreme (Socket LGA1366 & LGA2011)
    • Intel Core i7 (Socket LGA1366, LGA1155/1156 & LGA2011)
    • Intel Core i5 / i3 (Socket LGA1155/1156)
    • Intel Core 2 Extreme / Quad / Duo (Socket LGA775)
    • Intel Pentium & D / 4 (Socket LGA775)
    • Intel Celeron & D (Socket LGA775)
    • AMD Latest Llano & 6-Core Processors
    • AMD Llano Processors (Socket FM1)
    • AMD Phenom II X6 / X4 / X3 / X2 (Socket AM3+/AM3/AM2+)
    • AMD Phenom X4 / X3 (Socket AM3/AM2+)
    • AMD Athlon II X4 / X3 / X2 (Socket AM3)
    • AMD Athlon 64 & FX / X2 (Socket AM2/939)
    • AMD Sempron (Socket AM2/939/754)
    • Supports All CPUs up to 220W TDP

Hardware Specs :
    • Heatsink Dimension - 130.6(L) x 122(W) x 159.2(H) mm
    • Heatsink Material - Aluminum Fins. Aluminum & Copper Base
    • Heatpipe - Ø 6mm x 5
    • Fan Dimension - 130(L) x 130(H) x 25(W) mm
    • Fan Speed - 800 ~ 2,000 RPM
    • Noise Level - 21 ~ 44 dBA
    • Max. Air Flow - 88.77 CFM
    • Max. Air Pressure - 2.7 mmH2O
    • Power Connector - 4 Pin (PWM)
    • Rated Voltage - 12 V
    • Started Voltage - 6 V
    • Rated Current - 0.5 A
    • Power Input - 6 W
    • MTBF - 50,000 Hrs @ 40
    • Weight - 954g

Re: Extreme Corsair Frio Advance Cpu cooler for Intel Core i5

That looks like quit a bit cpu fan, but doesn't that is complicated to fit. I had seen the kit which comes with many parts. The size is also quiet large which is a problem for miniatx cabinets. Anyhow this cpu is good for overclocking people. It is recommended to change the fan kit if you have rightnow and if you are overclocking your pc.