Thread: Even after updating Vertex 3 SSD to firmware 2.22, getting BSOD continuously

Even after updating Vertex 3 SSD to firmware 2.22, getting BSOD continuously

Since after installing Vertex 3 SSD I am facing BSOD continuously, I had asked about the same to some of my friends and they has suggested me to upgrade the firmware of the ssd. I did the same and upgraded it to firmware 2.22 but unfortunately I did not have any help from it, I am still getting BSOD continuously and I want to get rid of it as soon as possible. So is there anyone who can help?

Re: Even after updating Vertex 3 SSD to firmware 2.22, getting BSOD continuously

I wanted to know if you are getting bsod after loading the windows between your tasks somewhere or while booting? If you are getting it while booting then you can try clearing cmos and updating the bios. For clearing the cmos, you can try out the simplest method that is by taking out the battery. If clearing the cmos is helping you enter windows without any bsod then update the bios to prevent such issues further. If doing that does not makes any difference then try changing the sata port and see if you are getting any luck with that. Just try out these solutions and let me know if you find them to be helping.

Re: Even after updating Vertex 3 SSD to firmware 2.22, getting BSOD continuously

Yes I am getting the BSOD while booting up, my system is not able to load the windows. After your suggestion I have tried clearing the cmos and have updated the bios to the latest as well but no avail. I have tried changing the stat port as well but still no luck. I don’t know why but I think that there is something wrong with the ssd drive. I have tried flashing the bios twice but it did not made any difference in my case is there anything else that I can try out rather than simply talking it too the service center??

Have you set the SATA controller to AHCI mode in bios?? If you are able to enter the bios setup utility then check it out and make sure that the controller is set to AHCI mode. If you still don’t get any luck and it is the second drive and not the main drive then take it out and install Intel RST Sata driver. If you are already using Intel RST Sata driver then try using Intel H65 PCH southbridge Driver and see if that’s helping. If at all you are still not able to get it working then you will have to do a secure erase. I don’t think that there is anything else that you will be able to try out further. Try out what I have suggested and post back what you get so that I can have a better idea of the issue you are facing.

Yes, SATA controller is set to AHCI mode in bios, In my case the drive is primary and I had created an image with acronis True Image so I just tried out secure erasing and restored the image as well but I am still having a hard time. The system was using Intel RST Sata driver and after installing Intel H65 PCH southbridge Driver it booted up fine for the first time. As soon as I made a second reboot after that BSOD’s started coming again. I have now tried rebooting the system several times but all I am getting is BSOD’s. I am not able to make out the cause of the issue, can this be because of the sata driver? Is there any other sata driver that I can use?? I just want to get it working somehow, so any help regarding this will be appreciative. Please let me know if there is anything else that I can try out further.

You seem to have tried out the possible solutions that should have helped, I don’t know why there are not helping you out. If your Vertex 3 SSD dint worked since the first day and kept welcoming you with bsod’s then there are possibilities that it might be a faulty unit. If you are having some other working machine around then you can test out the ssd there and see if it is working or not. If you get the same response there as well then you should better get it replaced. If it works fine in other machine then you will have to carry out some more troubleshooting solutions. First test it out and let me know what you find for further help.

I think you were right there is something wrong going on with the ssd itself, I have tested it out in my neighbors system and it reacted in the same way. It did not allow his system to load windows and came up with bsod continuously. I am really running out of patience now and I am not willing to try out anything further, I will be getting it replaced tomorrow.