Thread: After adding Vertex3 120gb ssd with Vertex3 Max IOPS, getting frequent freezes and restart

After adding Vertex3 120gb ssd with Vertex3 Max IOPS, getting frequent freezes and restart

My system was having a Vertex3 Max IOPS drive previously and things were working fine without any issues. Now after installing another Vertex3 120gb ssd I am encountering freezing and restart. I am not overclocking the system at all, I don’t know what’s wrong. I have tried updating the firmware of my new Vertex3 120gb ssd but that’s not making any difference. Is there anything I can do about it??

Re: After adding Vertex3 120gb ssd with Vertex3 Max IOPS, getting frequent freezes and restart

Have you tried changing the sata ports? Have you updated the firmware of both drives?? If not then try out the same and see if the issue is getting solved or not. If you don’t get any help form that then try clearing the cmo’s and updating the bios. I think these solutions should help you out, just give them a try and let me know if anyone of them helps.

Re: After adding Vertex3 120gb ssd with Vertex3 Max IOPS, getting frequent freezes and restart

I have used ocz linux utility for updating the firmware of both drives and have updated them to the latest as well. I don’t think there is something wrong because of the driver but I feel that Intel SATA3 channel is not able to handle two Intel storage controllers. I am not having any issue when I am taking out the second drive, things just works fine with my old sdd. Anyways I have tried clearing cmos and have updated the bios as well but doing that does not seem to be making any difference. Other than this I have tried using other SATA III cable to be at the safer side but no avail. I will like to know if there is anything else that I can try out further to get rid of this issue.

You issue seems to be weird, I think you will have to try out secure erase for the second ssd. If that does not help then I don’t think there is anything else that you can try out further rather than securely erasing both drives and reinstalling operating syetm. If you want then you can try out reflashing the bios again and see if you are getting any luck with that.

I have tried reflashing the bios twice but I really don’t think there is something wrong with it. I have updated the firmware and have performed secure erase for the second drive as well and even that did not made any difference in my case. I have kept reinstalling the windows as my last option as I doubt if doing that will actually make any difference. So is there is anything else that I can try out before that then let me know, it will be highly appreciative, thanks in advance.

See if you want then you can try switching the sata driver, I mean if you are using msahci driver then you can try switching to Intel RST and if you are using Intel RST then you can try switching to Intel H65 PCH southbridge Driver. I am not very sure if this will help but I think that you should definitely give it a try before performing secure erasing and reinstalling windows, best of luck.

I wanted to know which SATA III cable you are using? If you are using a old one then get “Rosewill 10" SATA III Blue Round Cable w/ Locking Latch, Supports 6 Gbps, 3 Gbps, and 1.5 GbpModel RCAB-11044 “ and check out if that’s helping. Actually I am suggesting you to get it because I have come around one having very similar issue to yours. He had tried out all the solutions that were suggested to him along with the ones mentioned here but he did not have any luck with it. Later he had reposted that his issue had got solved by using Rosewill 10" SATA III cable. So if you want then you can give a try to this solution as well, best of luck.