Thread: vertex3 240 gb freezes with Sony laptop

vertex3 240 gb freezes with Sony laptop

I have upgraded my Sony laptop storage with vertex3 240 gb and I did not had any issue with the installation. I was able to install it and use the laptop properly but now after a couple of days I have found the laptop to be freezing at start up for more than 5 minutes and I am just not able to bare it anymore. I don’t know what went wrong with it now, it worked great for the first day and within some days it has started reacting like this. I just wanted to know if I can do anything about it and get my laptop like it working before?? Any help regarding this will be appreciative. Thanks in advance.

Re: vertex3 240 gb freezes with Sony laptop

If the issue has started suddenly then there are something’s that you should check out. First check out the start up programs that you are having, There are possibilities that they might be hogging to much resource just after windows gets loaded. You should also check out and make sure that you have set the controller to AHCI mode in bios. Just disable the startup programs that are of no use to and just keep the one that you actually need. You should keep very few programs for startup as you can start them later as well, just check out these things and let me know if the issue is getting solved after that.

Yes try reducing the startup programs to minimum, if that does not help then you can try updating the firmware of the ssd. Just make sure that you are updating the ssd to the latest firmware available, you can check out for the firmware at its official site. I also wanted to know which operating system and antivirus program you are using so that I can have a better idea of the issue. I am not sure but I think that your system might have got affected by virus, so to be at the safer side scan you system thoroughly with a recommended antivirus and see if that’s making any difference in your case or not.

I am not having too many start up programs I have disabled most of them and I am just having the required ones. I have set the controller to AHCI mode in bios but that’s not making any difference in my case. I have tried updating the firmware of the sdd and have performed a complete scan as well but no avail. No viruses were detected and even updating the firmware did not help. I also wanted to add that the issue is just not at the startup guys, the laptop freezes while am working as well, it happens randomly and most of the time I have to force it to shutdown. Is there any other solution that I can try out after these things??

I have checked about the same and have found some other facing the same issue as well, anyways I have come across some solutions that were claimed to be helpful. if you want then you can try out the same and see if anyone of them is helping you out.

• If you are using Intel RST Sata driver then try switching to MS AHCI or Intel H65 PCH southbridge Driver and vice vera (Just make sure that you are making a clean installation of the driver)
    • If that does not help then try updating bios

Just try these solutions as well and post back the response you get.

So now I have tried updating the bios and have installed Intel H65 PCH southbridge Driver as well and still no luck. I am really running out of ideas now as even after trying out a number of solutions I have not been able to sort out the issue. I have tried out all the possible solution that I could have but I dint know why they are not making any difference. I am thinking out reinstalling windows, what do you guys suggest? Should I go for it or there is still some workaround that I can try out before that??

That’s what I am thinking, I can see all the possible solutions in the suggestion but it’s weird that they have not helped you out. I don’t think that there is anything else that you will be able to try out further rather than reinstalling windows. If there was something wrong with the driver, bios or the firmware then updating them should have helped you out. Since that’s not the case I think you should go for reinstalling windows. do let us know if the issue gets solved after that, best of luck.