Thread: Space almost full in C drive on my MSI CR400 laptop

Space almost full in C drive on my MSI CR400 laptop

Hi. Dont know what has went wrong with my MSI CR400 laptop since i re-installed Windows 7 on the same. I have 250 hard drive on my laptop. Created 3 partitions C, D and E with 50,200,200GB respectively. I had given just 50 GB for operating system but i guess that should be enough for Windows 7.

But from last few days i used to get some pop up every time saying something like my System Restore will not function at this point since C drive is slow. I checked my C drive and dont know how it is almost 46GB full. If i scan my extra downloaded files on C drive it would be not more than 5 GB. Than where is my rest of the space gone ? how to stop that pop up message ? Please help.

Re: Space almost full in C drive on my MSI CR400 laptop

I would like to say and ask 2things. First, you just move all your downloaded data, music, videos and other extra files to other partition like D or E. infact, never keep anything in C Drive apart from the operating system. This keeps your system fast.

Second, as you said you re-installed Windows 7 recently. I would like to ask did you formatted your C drive or hard drive before re-installing the OS again ? Or you just re-installed above earlier windows ? if you have done it without formatting than check your C drive, there should be a folder name Windows Old. This folder contains your previous windows and the folder size would be around 25 to 30GB. This is where your space is consumed. Better delete this folder.