Thread: Play Diablo 3 on ultra settings with i5 2500k

Play Diablo 3 on ultra settings with i5 2500k

I just started playing Diablo 3 and I loved the game. I wanted to play it on highest graphics and performance settings possible. But my computer’s hardware restricted me to play the game on medium settings itself. From few months, I had been planning to get a new PC for myself. Now I think that I will get a new PC with high end hardware in it. I wanted to know which hardware will be best along with Intel i5 2500k processor to run games like Diablo 3 on ultra settings. Can someone expert in hardware tell me about it?

Re: Play Diablo 3 on ultra settings with i5 2500k

Intel i5 2500k is a good choice when building a PC for gaming. It will work great for high end games like Diablo 3. Along with the processor, you will also need to buy other peripherals. Since I have good knowledge about hard drives, I’ll suggest you that you should use Western Digital Caviar Blue. It is of SATA III type. It provides up to 7200 RPM and 16 MB of cache memory.

I know that hard disks won’t make much difference in gaming and especially in Diablo 3, but it is important to buy a hard drive which provides a good disk rotation. Many times it happens that when games reach some part where many system files have to be accessed, the rotation of disks slows down giving lags. I can tell you that this hard drive is good for use on a long run.

RAM is an important part of a computer and it also plays an important role in gaming. For running Diablo 3 on ultra settings you need to have minimum of 4 GB of RAM. But just memory provided by RAM is not enough; you will need to have a quality RAM which will provide good cache and response. I’ll recommend you to go with Corsair Vengeance 4 GB PC3-12800 which a DDR3 built RAM. I have used this RAM and it gives a good performance with both Intel and AMD processors. It is RAM with 240-Pin and frequency of 1600mHz. Its memory kit consists of 1.5v Dual Channel for better flow of voltage. Also PSU is necessary for a computer to operate. Since you are building a computer for gaming and you will need to use some peripherals that need good amount of power, I’d say that you will need a PSU which provides 850 watts of power. I don’t know which CPU cabinet will you be using, but even a PSU of 120 mm will work fine. I prefer using PSU supplied by KenTek.

The most important thing to run a game in computer is a graphic card. You need to have a good graphic card in order to get high end graphics with proper detailing and all other stuff. For running a game like Diablo 3 in ultra settings, you will need a powerful graphic card like AMD Radeon HD 6870. It is an DirectX11 type of graphic card ad will provide best graphics in Diablo 3. With help of AMD App Acceleration visual acceleration technology, this graphic card can run almost every game available in market at high settings. Also it is compatible with Eyefinity technology. Using it, you can spread the display of the game over multiple monitors. See if this graphic card works for you. I played Dirt 3 and Dragon Age II on it and my experience was awesome.

Another important peripheral needed for working of the computer is the motherboard. It doesn’t have any direct impact on the working of the game, but is necessary to fit all the parts in their right places before you can run the computer and get desirable output from them. Also high end peripherals to run a game in ultra settings means you need to have fast data transfer among the peripherals. This is possible only with a good motherboard. You can go for EVGA Z68 Micro ATX DDR3 2133 Intel motherboard. It is compatible with DDR3 peripherals and is good for gaming rig. It has proved to best in management of power and supplying it properly to all the peripherals efficiently.

When building a gaming rig, you always tend to use high end peripherals. Among these peripherals, processor and the graphic card are the parts which generate a lot of heat. Due to this heat many times, the PC tends to crash. PC crashing in middle of game is a nightmare for gamers. Since you want to run Diablo 3 on ultra settings, I can tell you one thing that your graphic card will be exerted to its limits. This will obviously result in large production of heat inside the cabinet. To avoid overheating which might lead to complications of system, you will need some good cooling parts in your computer. You can try using EVGA Superclock CPU Cooler M020-00-000234. This cooler comes with a cooling fan and exhaust pipes. The cooling fan will maintain the temperature to a lower level while the exhaust pipe will pump out the hot air generated inside the CPU cabinet.

I’d say that Nvidia graphic cards are best for gaming and to run Diablo 3 in ultra settings, you can try using NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690. It will provide you with best graphics and best performance. Built using the Kepler GPU Architecture, this graphic card is best for DirectX 11 output. The detailing that is seen in the games using this graphic card is very high and I think this graphic card will suit your need efficiently. It also has GPU boost which will focus all its processing strength on games when needed to. Also the VSync is better provided by NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690. It also provides features like 3D vision, SLI technology to have multiple graphic cards running in same PC. It will also provide you support for multiple monitors. Also with PhysX technology, it will give life like realism when it comes to gaming physics like collisions, bounces, crashes and animation for soft bodies.