Thread: What is the cost of 3D printer and how it works

What is the cost of 3D printer and how it works

I am looking for some information on 3D printer. Where can I find a seller and what can be cost of the same. I had seen a video where a guy has printed out some basic object out of printer. I want to know how it works. Does it releases the final product or it is just a replica.

Re: What is the cost of 3D printer and how it works

I had seen a small portable 3D printer which cost around $1 850.00. It is called as Portable 3D printer and lot more costly compared to regular. It works with some automated software that generates the 3D view of object you want to print. The quality depends on the scanner. There is a designer tool that comes with the printer, which you can use to create objects. The printer that I had mentioned ultra portable is very small and easy to us. It works on some polymer material to create a new design.

There is a pc suite software that comes with the printer. You can use that to create models of your choice. Also there are advance models which provide you color printing support. But they are too costly. Such printer lies between $1500 to $4000. This technology is best for those who want to show up demo product to their consumers. It will play a vital role is building or architecture design and create a demo model of your entire product. It will be a revolutionary product for all business.

Objet is another powerful 3D printer that you can find on web. I had seen a intro video which says that this product has around 107 different materials that you can use to create a object.

If you need a affordable model in this series then you can go for Solidoodle. There are many manufacturers in the market that provide you this kind of products. What I know that if this type of printers comes up in large quantity then the can generate another environmental problem. They work on some kind of polymer or you can say plastic.

If this is heavily used by other or industries it can a eco threat. I had seen videos which showed the working of this printer. The printer has some threads of polymer which are melted and molded. This is not yet popular but as this printers they will be used widely. If you are going to buy any of such product do not forget to look on the quality or product that you are using.

They are too costly today. I will not recommend you to go for that. You can wait and watch till you can find more better products. Today you will have to pay a lot more amount on it and the same is also costly for maintenance.

Go on web and find out other models. There are some manufacturer who had started selling this. But I had not seen companies like HP or Epson selling such product or even making it. I think they does not look interested in this.