Thread: After installing MSI GT70 driver, wireless drivers gets disappeared and vice versa

After installing MSI GT70 driver, wireless drivers gets disappeared and vice versa

I am facing a weird issue with MSI GT70 network card, actually I have bought it recently and had installed it along with the drivers as well. Later After a reboot I found MSI GT70 driver and the wireless drivers to be missing. Now when I am trying to install both of them, I mean when I am installing wireless drivers after installing MSI GT70 driver then the wireless drivers disappears and when I am installing MSI GT70 driver after installing wireless drivers then MSI GT70 driver gets disappeared. I am just running out of ideas and I have been doing the same form a long time and I am just not able to get both of them working. Is there anyone who had faced this weird issue and has any idea about it??

Re: After installing MSI GT70 driver, wireless drivers gets disappeared and vice versa

Oh! That’s really a weird issue, I think that the wireless drivers and the MSI GT70 driver are interrupting each other. Anyways I wanted to know if you have tried making a clean installation of the driver ? If not then use driver sweeper for uninstalling the drivers first and then reinstall the drivers. You should make sure that you are installing the latest driver available, if that does not help then better contact their manufacturer and address them this weird issue along with the solutions that you might have tried and find out what they have to say about the same.

Re: After installing MSI GT70 driver, wireless drivers gets disappeared and vice versa

Can you just follow the below simple steps and see if the issue is getting solved in that way:
    1. First use driver sweeper and uninstall both MSI GT70 driver as well as wireless drivers
    2. After that reinstall latest MSI GT70 driver and reboot your system
    3. Now reinstall Wireless driver and reboot your system

I am not sure if this will make any difference but doing a reboot is recommended after installing driver for any devices. Just give it a try and let me know if it helps.

I just wanted to know if you are having any antivirus or security program running in the background. If yes then try disabling the same while installing the drivers and see if it is making any difference. Antivirus or security program can sometimes interrupt with the process of installing drivers leading in to such issues. Like the one have suggested above make sure that you are rebooting the system after reinstalling each driver. If you still face the same issue then there are possibilities that there is something wrong with your new MSI GT70 network card and you will have to contact msi for the same.

In that case I will like to inform you all that I have made clean installation of the driver several times. I had rebooted the system after installing the drivers individually but that’s not making any difference in my case. I don’t understand why would MSI GT70 driver would conflict with Wireless driver? I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver in safemode as well but have not got any luck. Both lan and wan were working properly at the first installation, the driver disappearing issue started after doing a reboot.

Is there anything else that I need to check out or any solution that I can perform further for getting rid of this issue?? I just want to get them working somehow, any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

Even I think that there is something wrong with your MSI GT70 network card or driver, you should contact msi and find it out. As far as further workaround is concerned you can try out installing the card in some other working machine and see if it is working fine there. If not then you know who the culprit is, if it works then there might be some conflicting issue with your system specific wireless device.

If you want then you can try installing older version of driver for both MSI GT70 and your wireless device and see check out if you are able to get rid of the confliction. Just try out what I have mentioned and let me know the response you get.