Thread: Firmware CC4H download for Barracuda 1TB/disk platform

Firmware CC4H download for Barracuda 1TB/disk platform

Heard that the new firmware update CC4H has been come up for Barracuda 1TB Seagate hard drive. Not sure about the new but if it’s true, then I am very much happy as from past one month I was in search of the new firmware updates. Might be firmware updates were released time to time but due to the week search ability I was unable to get them all the time. Even now when I came to know about the CC4H released the first thing I did was decided to post a thread and ask you people to help me in getting the firmware update for me. Please guys, this time I do not want to lose the update and I don’t want to wait for another few months to get some other firmware update release. Can someone help me and guide me in downloading and installing this firmware. First of all verify the news whether the Firmware CC4H has been really released or not.

Re: Firmware CC4H download for Barracuda 1TB/disk platform

There is no doubt that the firmware CC4H is released and also being used by all Seagate users. But let me tell you that this update is unfortunately not for all Seagate hard drive users. There are certain conditions on which you can download the firmware. All the detailed information about the firmware update and its compatible devices has been given at the official page of Seagate. It has also been said that the update is going to resolve some of the highly impacted issues of the hard drives. You need not have to search for the update anywhere on internet, just visit Seagate webpage.

Yes, there are many terms and conditions that are needed to be fulfilled in order to get this update. Firstly remember that this firmware CC4H is only meant for limited Barracuda (1TB/disk platform). Seagate models like ST3000DM001, ST2500DM001, ST2000DM001 and ST1000DM003 are the models that are available for the downloading CC4H firmware. Other than this there is also another limitation that you need to verify before update the firmware. Note that this firmware is also available for only those above mentioned models which are currently running the firmware version CC46, CC47, CC49, CC4C or CC4G. So if you are having any of the above mentioned Seagate model then do not think that you will be lucky enough to get the latest firmware update, you should also fulfill the criteria of running any of the above mentioned firmware.

Are you sure it is going to resolve those major problems too which are harming the drive badly. I am trying to point out the issues like chirping noise, then the issue of high load cycle count and so other related troubles. I am currently going through both these well known issues and until now I have not been able to get them fixed even after consulting the Tech support of Seagate. You know what; even Seagate Tech Support told me that the upcoming firmware update is going to resolve the entire existing problem including mine.

I am not sure but I guess this is what the firmware they were talking about. Is it right? I do not want to waste my time in downloading and updating the firmware. I will be very much frustrated if it won’t clear the issue. Please let me know soon whether this update is going to be useful or I should wait longer for the next update.

Getting the firmware CC4H directly for your drive is not possible. As already mentioned above there are certain criteria that you need to fulfill and only then you will be allowed to download CC4H. so do not think that you will get the direct download of the firmware. First you will have to verify your hard drive’s model number, part number and capacity. If its applicable for the firmware, only then you will get the update. And verifying the model number is only possible with a Drive Detect Software. Yes, there is such software existing where you will be able to detect your drive with all its existing information. Once you detect the information you will be able to download the firmware. Here is the download link for the Drive Detect Software.

The drive detect software is fine but with just this software you won’t be able to complete your process of updating the firmware. There is also another utility which helps us to determine which version of CC4H is actually proper for your drive. And on that basis the firmware version is going to be downloaded. Anyways the best thing you could do is click on the following link and gets all the necessary software, utility and rest information about the firmware update. CLICK HERE.

Are you sure it is going to resolve those major problems too which are harming the drive badly. I am trying to point out the issues like chirping noise, then the issue of high load cycle count and so other related troubles.
    No doubt, the chirping sound of your drive is going to be resolved with CC4H update but not sure about the load cycle count. Even I am very much eager to see how exactly the load cycle count is going to perform after the update. One of my friends tells that he doing well with his drive and he is also not facing any trouble or issue with the drive right now. As he wasn’t facing any such chirping sound so even he is not aware whether this new firmware is capable of resolving the issue or not. Obviously there might be someone facing all problem must have updated to CC4H. That person’s reaction would be very much valuable.

I must say, go for this firmware if your drive fulfill all the necessary requirement and criteria for downloading it into your machine. I tested the firmware in my ST2000DM001 and guess what? It’s doing great. Let me clear some points. As said above, the chirping sound actually went off after I updated my drive. Not just the sound but there were also few other issues which were occurring with my drive. I was really irritated with those issues. No solutions were workable on the drive. Other than the chirping sound another major issue in my case was the data transfer speed. The outer rate transfer rate was too weak and annoying.

However after getting the update the sound got completely eliminated and also the performance of the outer Disk transfer improved a lot. Right now the transfer rate is 200MB/s. about the Load Cycle count, yes, it still rising up tremendously but that was not really a problem for me ever.