Thread: Error "LED:000000CC FAddr:0025DDD9" with Seagate ST31000333AS e

Error "LED:000000CC FAddr:0025DDD9" with Seagate ST31000333AS e

I have been using Seagate ST31000333AS e and it was working well but I don’t know what went wrong with the same now. I am able to hear it spinning but it is not getting recognized by the system. Does that mean it has turned faulty? Is there anything that I can try out to get it working rather than getting it replaced??? Any ideas?

Re: Error "LED:000000CC FAddr:0025DDD9" with Seagate ST31000333AS e

It might have turned out faulty but before coming to that point I wanted to know if you have tried connecting the Seagate ST31000333AS e to other ports. if not then try out the same and see if it is working out for you, you can also try using other usb cable as well. I am not sure if these things will make any difference but I don’t think there is anything else you will be able to try out. I would have suggested you to format it or update the firmware of the hard driver but as it is not getting detected they won’t work.

I have tried connecting my Seagate ST31000333AS e to different ports and have tried using other usb cables as well but I am getting the same response from it. I can hear the disc spinning but it is just not getting recognized by the system. It was working fine by now, the issue started suddenly. I have tried connecting it to other working machine as well but unfortunately none of them is recognizing it. I am not getting an error message as such, even I had thought of updating the firmware but since it is not getting detected I cannot try it out. Is there any other solution that I can try out further to get it working?? Is there any way by which I can get my data from it?? Further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

I don’t think so, the drive has turned faulty because of which it is not getting detected, if it is new then you can get rma for it. As far as data recovery is concerned I wanted to add if it is getting recognized in the bios then you can use EasyRecovery software to get the data from it. If it is not detectable by the BIOS or Disk Management then I don’t think there might be a way for recovering the data. If you are running any antivirus in your system then try disabling it for a while and then try connecting your hard drive and see if it is getting detected. There are possibilities that your antivirus product might be preventing the drive from getting recognized. You can also try using seagate freeagent external enclosure if you have and see if the drive is getting luck using it.

I am not having any issue in getting a rma for it but currently there are some crucial data in it. I have not taken the backup of the same and I don’t want to lose it by simply getting a replacement. I have kept that as my last option and will like to know if there is any hope of recovering the data from the driver by any means. I have tried plugging and unplugging it several times but that’s just not making any difference in my case. I have tried using seagate freeagent external enclosure as well and even that’s not helping to get it detected. I have checked for it in the bios and it is not getting detected there as well. I am really running out of ideas to make out what might have went wrong with, I can’t see any physical damage caused to it and nobody else other than me uses my drive. Any chances of recovering the data????

I am not very sure if this will work or not but you can try using Diskgetor Data Recovery software and check out if you are able to recover the data from the drive. Diskgetor Data Recovery software is basically used for recovering data from deleted or formatted or partition-table destroyed or ghost-destroyed files, Best of luck.