Thread: MSI Media Live MS-6421 not working

MSI Media Live MS-6421 not working

I bought a MSI Media Live MS-6421 and have setup the same but it is not showing anything on the screen when I am turning it on. When I am trying to turn it on pressing the power button then I can hear the fan on the psu spinning but nothing is shown on the screen. It flashed red when I am pointing the remote at the screen. Does that mean that I have bought a faulty MSI Media Live MS-6421?? Or is there any workaround that I can try out to find out the issue?? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: MSI Media Live MS-6421 not working

Yes there are possibilities that there might be something wrong with the board. Anyways before coming to that point I just wanted to know if you have tried powering it on without the cpu or memory? If not then try out the same and let me know the response you are getting. If that does not help then you can try using some other cable for setting it up to find out if there is something wrong with the cable or so. Other than this you should also make sure that your system is fulfilling the bellow requirements:
    • Processor support - Sempron, Athlon 64, Athlon 64 X2, Athlon 64 FX
    • Supported memory type - DDR2 400/533/667/800
    • Graphics/video ports - HDMI, VGA, SCART, S-video, composite, component

Just check out these things and post back what you get.

In my case I have tried powering it on without the cpu or memory but it is just not showing up anything on the screen and its front unit as well. By now I have tried using HDMI, VGA, SCART cables which are recommended for it but I am not getting any help from them. I am aware of the requirements for MSI Media Live MS-6421 and I am having the below components:
    • amd sempron 145 2.8ghz processor
    • Transcend DDR2 2 x 2 GB PC RAM (JM800QLU-2G) | Ram
    • 160 GB hard drive IDE

Is there anything else that I need to check out?? I want to get it working somehow, please help!!

Have you tested out the rams in other machine?? Or swapping them in different slots?? I think that there is something wrong with the ram in your case. If you are having a working machine around you then better test out the ram and check out if they are working out there or not. If there is nothing wrong with the ram then check out the psu, you can try using different psu and test it out. If these things are working fine then I will guess that there is something wrong with the board and you will have to get it checked. I don’t think that there is anything else that you will be able to try out further.

I have now tried swapping rams in different slots and have tested them out in other working machine at my place. The rams are appearing to be working fine with other system but I don’t know why is not working with my system. Other than this I have tried using other and better working psu as well but I am getting the same response from it, no display on screen. I just wanted to know if there can be some kind of incompatibility issue because of the ram or the cpu???

And Transcend DDR2 2 x 2 GB PC RAM (JM800QLU-2G) Ram, which seems to be compatible. I have not found any compatible CPU or RAM list for the Media Live, so I am not sure if you are specific ram or cpu are compatible or not. Anyways if you are having some other processor or ram that has been mentioned in the support list for MSI Media Live MS-6421 then you can try using them as well Frankly speaking I don’t think that there is an incompatibility issue but it appears as if the board is not good probably because of overheating and so.