Thread: Only old pictures are shown in WD Photos app

Only old pictures are shown in WD Photos app

I recently borrowed a Samsung Galaxy tab running with Android from one of my friend. Presently am using a Western Digital Drive where i use to store all my snaps and video. I thought to share/watch it on galaxy Tab and hence installed WD Photos on my tab. All installation and settings went fine. but when i tried to access the images on my Android tab, it is just showing up old images and folders. Dont know why i cannot see any of my latest images/folders.

I even reinstalled the app again but yet the same problem. Is there any problem with my Tab ? Or the problem is with drive or WD Photo app ? Please help.

Re: Only old pictures are shown in WD Photos app

It really seems a strange problem . Anyways, lets try out the basic solution to fix this problem. In your Western digital hard drive if you have large number of photos saved then I will suggest that when you open WD Photos application in your Tab, wait for some time and let the transcoder do it work. FYI, transcoder is converter which converts your photos in to thumbnails. I am not sure whether this information will be help for your or not, but you should try this trick.

I was also having the similar issue with my iPhone 3G and after lots of workaround and I came to know that there were large number of photo saved in my hard drive and because of that it was taking some time to update the thumbnails on my phone. Hence I disconnected my device from hard drive and connected it again and after connecting the phone I have wait for the sometime and then photo appeared correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by akkiiii View Post
    It really seems a strange problem . Anyways, lets try out the basic solution to fix this problem. In your Western digital hard drive if you have large number of photos saved then I will suggest that when you open WD Photos application in your Tab, wait for some time and let the transcoder do it work. FYI, transcoder is converter which converts your photos in to thumbnails. I am not sure whether this information will be help for your or not, but you should try this trick.
    I tried to solve this problem by disconnecting the TAB and connecting it again but no matter how long I wait, still getting the same result. I have also tried to find solution on internet regarding this problem but I didn’t get any help. What should I do to resolve now ? Thanks again.

Have you tried to solve this problem by clearing the cache for the WD Photos application? If you have not tried then I will suggest you to go to the setting in your Tab, select WD Photos, tap on clear cache option. After clearing the cache of the WD Photos application you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not? if you get same problem after clearing the cache of the WD Photos application then you have to increase the cache size and then restart the device. After restarting the Tab, connect it again with your hard drive abd see if it is working now.

Well, i have the working solution (I have been through the same issue earlier). First I tried to fix this problem by clearing the cache or increasing the cache size of the application but that does not made any difference. I have removed WD Photos application from my iPhone and then installed it again and after re-installing the application my problem get solved. I know you already tried it, but do it again. It works in most of the cases.