Thread: Need latest firmware for Sansa e200R

Need latest firmware for Sansa e200R

Anyone who can suggest me the latest firmware for Sansa e200R? My device is 4 months old and now I think its time for me to update the firmware of this device but unfortunately I do not have any idea about the firmware version of any hardware devices. Actually from past few days I am facing bit problem with my e200R and whenever I consulted anyone they simply suggested me to update the firmware version. Obviously for this reason I am here, need to update the firmware. To be frank forget about updating the firmware, I don’t even know what exactly a firmware update means. I know all the people may not be using this device but I still have a gut feeling that I will get the necessary help from here as the there many technically smart people present.

Re: Need latest firmware for Sansa e200R

You can easily get the firmware update for your Sansa e200R mp3 player. It doesn’t matter if you do not have any idea about firmware but at least you may know how to access internet. On your computer open your browser and visit the Sandisk official page and there you are. This is the page where you can get every single detail about the firmware of your device. In fact from there you can also get the necessary firmware update along with the updater which will help you to update your device with the existing firmware. I you are well skilled with the searching ability then you may surely reach at the proper destination.

Whatever you are suppose to do always remember to first know well about that thing and only then proceed with the activity. Anyways I would probably give you some information about the firmware update. Firmware means the same for all the hardware devices as it is meant for them in a common way. With respect to your device it is nothing but a software code that allows your device to start and work properly. This firmware update helps your device or you can say your Sansa mp3 player keep going with the latest available features and functionality available for it. if you are not aware let me tell you that at every interval of time period any hardware device manufacturer comes up with the respective update that includes the latest features and also in some cases they includes fix for certain existing issues. This update is called as firmware update.

Yeah, you can get the firmware update from the Sandisk webpage only and no where else only if you need a legal and official firmware, otherwise there are many other pages where you can get the firmware update for your e200 music player. Anyways do not worry if it’s the first time you are going to update the firmware. I will definitely help you knowing the necessary steps. Note, follow my instructions only if you are willing to manually update the firmware.

• The first thing you need to note down is the present existing firmware version in your player. You can check the version from the system info, for that go the Main menu then setting and System info
    • Now you Select Version. Here you need to be careful while checking the version you have currently. You might not understand the version by reading. Let me help you, if you see the version as V01.xx.xxx this means you have e200v1 and if the version shows V03.xx.xxx then you have e200v2 and if under Mode you see Rhapsody and PlayforSure options then you have e200R
    • In either of the case anyhow you need to download the proceeding version. For manual download better you visit the Sandisk forum and there search for e200R firmware
    • Do not worry updating steps will be mentioned there itself

Hey why don’t you try updating through a firmware updater? Yes, you can easily update your Sansa firmware without doing anything as mentioned above. Once if you are connected to PC everything is automated. But remember that this thing is not possible without a firmware updater. You can get it from the same Sandisk site. Anyways follow the below steps if you have a firmware updater.

1. Firstly connect your Sansa device to the PC but before that try to active the USB Mode
    2. Once if you connect your device if there is any firmware update available on web for your e200R then automatically you will be notified with a message appearing at the lower right side of the taskbar
    3. Just click on that message or on the icon that shows the message. The available update will be installed automatically without doing anything.