Thread: SanDisk Extreme SSD freezes at random interval

SanDisk Extreme SSD freezes at random interval

I have installed SanDisk 120GB Extreme SSD in my system and I am running windows 7 on the same. I did not had any issues with it but now I don’t know what went wrong with the same and the system is freezing at random interval. I don’t know what’s wrong I had made fresh installation of windows 7 and even after that I am facing such issues. Is there anyone who can help me out??

Re: SanDisk Extreme SSD freezes at random interval

It’s hard to guess the cause of the issue like that but as far as a workaround is concerned you can try out connecting the SanDisk Extreme SSD to other sata port and see if it is making any difference. You can also try out installing all the recommended updates via windows update. If these things do not help then you can try setting up the ssd in AHCI and see if you are having any luck. If at all these solutions does not help then you will have to try out reinstalling windows. Just try out what I have mentioned and post back the result you get for further help.

I have tried connecting my SanDisk 120GB Extreme SSD to other sata port but is it not making any difference and I am getting the same response. I am already having all the updated installed via windows update and my system is up to date as well. I have tried setting AHCI for ssd by going in to bios but even that did not helped. As I have mentioned the freezing is random can this be because some kind of power issue?? Is there any other solution rather than reinstalling windows as I have kept it as my last option?

As you have mentioned the issue has started suddenly I think you should better try out doing system restore. You can follow the below solution for doing system restore in windows 7.
    • First close all the open files and programs before you start System Restore.
    • After that click on Start> search box> type “System Restore” without the quotes and check out for the same in the list.
    • Now click on it, choose a restore point and proceed with the restoring process.

Once the process gets finished reboot your laptop and check out if the issue has been solved or not. If you have any further issues with it then feel free to ask.

If you want then you can try out updating the firmware of your SanDisk Extreme SSD and see if that’s helping. If it doesn’t then you can try enabling HIPM and DIPM for your SSD. You need to use HIPM, HIPM+DIPM, or Active while "on battery", just go to power options>advanced settings> and set HIPM+DIPM in AHCI Link Power Management. If you are not having AHCI Link Power Management in the Advanced Power Settings then you can add it by downloading it from here.

Once it gets installed you will be able to see HIPM and DIPM setting for your internal HDD and SSD in AHCI Link Power Management option in advanced power plan settings under Hard disk

I have checked about the same and I have come across other facing similar issue as well and most of them have mentioned that their issue was solved by updating the firmware of the ssd. So try out that first and see if it is actually helping. If that does not help then you will have to try out reinstalling windows. I don’t think there is some other effective solution that can help you out in this case. Best of luck.

I have now tried out system restore and it was just not of any help. I have tried setting HIPM+DIPM in AHCI Link Power Management for my ssd in advanced power plan settings under Hard disk and that does not seems to be making any difference. I have tried updating the firmware of the SSD to the latest as well and I am still running out of luck. I will try out reinstalling windows today and will let you know if it is solving out the issue or not.