Thread: SanDisk Ultra SSD not getting detected on Lenovo L520

SanDisk Ultra SSD not getting detected on Lenovo L520

I have recently installed SanDisk Ultra SSD in my Lenovo L520 laptop running on windows xp and things were just working fine but today when I turned my laptop on today then I got an error message saying "Operating System not found" while booting. Does that mean that the SanDisk Ultra SSD has turned out faulty?? Is there anything that I can try out to get it working? Is there anyone who has faced the same and can help me out as well.

Re: SanDisk Ultra SSD not getting detected on Lenovo L520

I have checked about the same and have found that this error occurs because of the below things:
    • When disk does not gets detected by BIOS
    • When disk gets damaged
    • When Sector 0 of the drive has incorrect boot record
    • When an incompatible partition is marked as Active
    • To resolve the same you can try out the below solutions:
    • Verifying the BIOS
    • Using Recovery Console
    • Trying out windows advanced trouble shooting Microsoft Support
    • Just try these things out and let me know if the issue is getting solved or not.

I have checked out in the bios and the SanDisk Ultra SSD is not getting recognized there. Now even I am getting the feeling that drive has turned out faulty but I am not sure about the same as it is quite new and was working fine by now. You have mentioned something about “Using Recovery Console” I don’t have much idea about it, so can you explain the same a bit further as I want to give it a try before sending the SanDisk Ultra SSD for replacement.

Since the SanDisk Ultra SSD is not getting recognized I think flashing the bios is the last option you can try out here. If it still does not get’s recognized then it is obvious that it has turned faulty. For reflashing bios you can refer to the below command. You can reflash the bios using a Floppy Disk, a Bootable CD or WinFlash. Since your laptop is not booting fine you can try out reflashing it using a Floppy Disk or a Bootable CD. For Reflashing bios you need to download BIOS update executable from manufacturer website.

Reflashing bios using Floppy Disk:
    Insert a blank floppy disk into your computer and Copy the BIOS update executable in to it and Reboot your computer for booting from floppy drive. Once you boot from floppy drive just run the BIOS update executable and follow the instruction for carrying out the reflashing task.

Reflashing bios using Bootable CD:
    You can download bootable BIOS update ISO from manufacturer’s site and burn the same to your CD. If you don’t get a bootable BIOS update ISO then you can simply download the ISO and use a CD burning program for making a bootable ISO cd. When you are ready with the bootable ISO cd then insert the same to your cd drive and Run the executable file for flashing BIOS. Just make sure that you are not interrupting the flashing process in between and waiting till it gets finished.