Thread: MSI wind u180 webcam is not getting recognized

MSI wind u180 webcam is not getting recognized

I own MSI wind u180 and I did not had any issued with it and things were just working fine. I don’t know what went wrong with it and now when I am trying to open the webcam then I am getting an error message saying "usb device not recognized" . I am not able to make video call as well as the webcam is not getting recognized. I don’t know what the issue all about is and I am new to these stuffs. Is there anyone who can help??

Re: MSI wind u180 webcam is not getting recognized

In that case I will suggest you to better check out and make sure if you are having the driver for the web cam installed. There are possibilities that it might have got crashed and would have not recovered from the same. In such cases one has to install the driver manually, you have two options for doing the same, either you can use the driver cd that you might hve got with the laptop or you can install it from windows update. If you are having the driver cd then insert the same, go to start>control panel> administrative tool> computer management> device manager.When you click on device manager in the left pane then you will get list of all the components installed in your system along with their drivers. So just check out for webcam and see if there is a yellow exclamation mark on it. If yes then you can right click on the same and click on update driver. When you select update driver option then you get two options for installing the driver. One is from the location that you want and the other one is from the web. So here you can either select update through web, which will search for the latest available driver and will install the same. If you want to install it using the cd then you can select “update from cd” and point to the cd drive. If will scan the cd for driver and will install the same. Once the driver gets installed just reboot your laptop and try opening the webcam and see if the issue is getting solved or not.

I will like to inform you that I am aware of those solutions and I have tried them out as well but they are not appearing to be making any difference. I have tried uninstalling and installing the latest available driver several times but they are not helping me out. The driver is not missing and it is not even appearing with yellow exclamation and so. I am just running out of ideas, I have tried scanning for hardware changes a number of time as well but I have not got any luck by now. Is there anything else that I can try out further??? I have asked about the same to my friends and they told that the webcam might have turned faulty and it is more of a hardware issue. What do you think about this?

Since installing the driver is not making any difference in your case there are possibilities that the webcam might have turned out faulty and you will have to get your laptop checked. If you want then you can try resetting the EC (Embedded Controller) of your laptop and check out if you are getting any luck with the same. If you are not resetting EC then you can refer to the below steps:
    • Turn your notebook OFF, unplug it from charging and take out the battery.
    • Now wait for 5 minutes, Insert the battery and power the laptop again.

I am not very sure if that will make any difference but you can surely try it out. Best of luck.

I have tried doing the same a couple of times as well but even that’s not helping. I have tried out all the possible solution that I could have but none of them has helped. I think my friends were right, there is some kind of hardware issue with the laptop. I will get it checked tomorrow, I really don’t know how come this happened when everything was working fine when I had used it for video calling via Skype yesterday. I am really disappointed with the laptop. I have hardly spent 3 months using it and now the hardware’s are turning faulty.